Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everybody. I'm a 24 year old guy who has had some acne for quite a few years...

I've been reading this website as well as others, and it seems like most of the regiments and treatments out there are for moderate to severe acne...

My breakouts are strange.. Basically, I seem to always have 2 or 3 pimples. When one clears up, inevitably in a day or two another one will start to form someplace.

About 6 weeks ago I started using the Proactiv basic 3 step process and I do think my face looks better, but, I still have the pimples.. And now I've started getting pimples in some odd places.

Where before it was usually on my chin or cheeks, I now have had pimples on the side of my nose and on my nose itself, just above my lip and my forehead.

So I guess as a newbie here I have a few questions that I'm hoping you folks can help me with.

Is there a specific type regiment that might work best for me, as a person with fairly mild acne?

I also don't currently use a moisturizer because I've tried several in the past, and it seemed to make my face either greasy, or really red and dry. Theres so many kinds out there, it's almost overwhelming to try and pick a new one to try...

Anyway thanks in advance folks for any help you can give.

And just because it's fun, heres a ninja. :ninja:

I came to this site and to the Acneorg. regimen after Pro-active, which near the end of it's stay in my bathroom, caused me to break out along my chin and chest (places that had only sort of been problematic before).

I'm obviously a fan of the Acneorg regimen - it's a good topical skin care routine for mild to moderate acne (that's me, mostly mild) and if you choose to not buy the products that Dan sells, he suggests several products that you can buy at most any store over the counter (Wal-Mart, Target, some grocery stores in the skin care aile) that can work. They tend to be more expensive per ounce and less absorbant, but it's a good start for someone looking for a light topical regimen.

Here's his list of supplies (both his and over the counter) http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Lots of members have had good luck with tea tree oil or light exfoliation methods, so take your time through the site and see what sounds good!

And ninjas are fun. :):ninja:

if you have mild acne, i suggest u accept it and just cleanse ur face twice a day with a gentle facewash..using topicals like BP is only a temporary solution. i mean think about it, even after using BP u still get some pimples right and arent they bigger and redder anyway and take less time to heal and leave behind a dark mark...and doesnt BP leave ur face feeling dry and leathery..is using BP even worth it?

I think I saw the biggest difference in my overall skin using proactiv's facial toner...

I'm a little nervous about cutting it out. I worry my skin might go back to looking tired and dis-colored again...

But then again, I've basically never used a moisturizer. From what I've read it sounds like moisturizer is suppose to help with this.

Did you (or anybody else out there) notice a difference at all dropping a toner out of your regiment?

if you have mild acne, i suggest u accept it and just cleanse ur face twice a day with a gentle facewash..using topicals like BP is only a temporary solution. i mean think about it, even after using BP u still get some pimples right and arent they bigger and redder anyway and take less time to heal and leave behind a dark mark...and doesnt BP leave ur face feeling dry and leathery..is using BP even worth it?

bp makes my spots much smaller and they take way less time to heal than they did before (i assume you meant more in your post) and leave no more of a mark than they used to. my face is also not dry or leathery and i use bucket loads of the stuff