Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
automattox

Does Dan just have big hands, or is 2 pumps too much?

It may just be the photo, but in the example Dan gives for the amount of BP we should use as the full amount, it looks like a whole lot less than the pump-and-a-half I'm using. He says to increase the BP until you're using 2 full pumps, but it looks like he's only got at most a little more than half a pump in his hand. My skin is very dry, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm using too much. I'm three and a half weeks into the Regimen, and I've been very slowly increasing the amount of BP I use. Some days I use one full pump, sometimes I use a pump and barely a half of a second pump depending on how dry it is. My skin looks terrible under make-up because it gets all flakey! I can't help but wonder, am I really going to need two pumps?

OMG! I've womdered the same thing! I also wondered if Dan's face is bigger than the typical female DKR user's (sorry- no offense meant to you, Dan!)

When I first discovered the regimen, the video said start with half a finger length and work your way up to a full finger length (pointer finger that is) and the full finger length works extremely well for me. Not sure why it changed, but perhaps the different size of everyones finger? 2 pumps seems like a lot, but I have yet to try the new BP bottle with the pump. I'm used to the tube of it. I'll be getting the pump style BP in at the end of the week, so I'll see :think:

I have weirdly huge hands. It's true. Product ends up looking like a lot less in them.

When I pump the BP out of the bottle slowly onto my finger, one pump looks pretty close to the old thick fat finger length I used to use. I use one pump all over my face plus and extra 1/4 or 1/3 pump or so on my more stubborn areas (typically my chin). I honestly think 2 pumps is more BP than most people need to maintain clear skin, unless they have moderate-severe inflamed acne. It's definitely a lot more BP than the old recommended amount, that's for sure! I'm also going through the bottle at pretty much the same rate as would be expected if I were using the old tubes, too, so I feel fairly confident that the old recommended full dosage is closer to 1 pump than to 2 pumps.

Humm, not sure if Dan has unusually large hands. Have you tried Jojoba? That helps a lot with my flakeyness. Maybe you're increasing the amount of BP too quickly. Try staying at 1 pump for a while. Besides - whatever size his hands are, his face is in all likelihood larger than yours, just by the fact that he's a guy.

I have been thinking exactly the same thing over the past few days!! I've just increased the BP I use to 2 pumps, and it takes a lot longer than the 4/5 mins to absorb on my skin than is suggested by Dan's video. I even paused the bit in the video to compare the amount to what I was using, and it seems like I'm using twice as much! And today I had a few white marks from not rubbing it in properly which I haven't had before when I was using less, even though I spent lots of time applying it this morning.

I wasn't sure if it was just me, as it warns you in the instructions that it will seem like too much, and having only been doing it for almost 2 weeks I don't want to make mistakes already by using less... but if my skin gets particularly flaky I'll feel a bit more confident using a bit less after reading these posts, so thanks :)

Oh my goodness I'm so glad to see how many people have replied to this post, now I know I'm not just crazy! I guess now that Dan has admitted he has large hands, I will be confident in using a little less than 2 pumps. I guess two pumps is more of a guideline, but you've really got to figure out what works for you. Thanks everyone!

Sorry to you Dan.

Since Dan has sort of a bald spot on his forehead, that shows more skin. The more skin, the more benzoyl peroxide?

That's my logic lol.

Sorry to you Dan.

Since Dan has sort of a bald spot on his forehead, that shows more skin. The more skin, the more benzoyl peroxide?

That's my logic lol.

haha awww poor Dan! he goes to all the trouble to make this website and then we say he has big hands and a bald spot tsk tsk. but yeah I think his head is likely alot larger than mine, since he's a fully grown man and I've got a reletively small bone structure even for a female. So it makes sense to use more or less depending on the amount of skin you're covering..

Wow, my ego needs soothing. lol. I do have a big face actually as well, and yeah, I've got "power alleys" as my dad calls them so my forehead is kinda gigantic.

You guys have an interesting point. 2 pumps is right for me, but for females or people with more average proportions, they can probably get away with a little less than 2. When in doubt use more BP though.

Wow, my ego needs soothing. lol. I do have a big face actually as well, and yeah, I've got "power alleys" as my dad calls them so my forehead is kinda gigantic.

You guys have an interesting point. 2 pumps is right for me, but for females or people with more average proportions, they can probably get away with a little less than 2. When in doubt use more BP though.

Hmm, so you think we should try 2 pumps, but if it's too irritating we go for a little less?

whats the score? i'm on one pump at night cos i'm new to it all but tomorrow is week two so its gonna be one pump in morning and one at night.tbh 2 pumps at once does seem like a lot,i used to use adapalene differin gel nonsense and i used like the teeniest tiniest squirt of it.maybe thats why it never worked haha.silly doctors!

Not to say Dan is trying to be cheap, he is not, he has a successful business with his site, so more power to him. However, hear me out. Doesn't it seem strange that the recommended "On-the-Spot" treatment is way less than the recommended portions on his own product? Naw, man. The more of his Benzoyl Peroxide you use the faster you go through it, and if anyone else is having as much success with Dan's Regimine as I am, going through $15 bottles quickly is not a problem. Use as much as you think is right for you, but continue to apply the BP liberally. Don't feel like you have to follow Dan's instructions word for word, as you guys know, different things work for different people. But if you want to use 2 full pumps and like that amount, no one's stopping you.

hmmmm...do I recommend less on-the-spot than mine? Let me go look at the pics...well, I dunno. Maybe a bit more, but I recommend a lot of on-the-spot too. When in doubt, use more is the key.

And no, I'm not married, but I am partnered to a great guy :)