Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NessaVenasaur

Girls with body acne and BCP

I realize there's already a board on hormonal treatments but I wanted to put this somewhere I knew females with body acne would look. This is probably a common solution but I just want to give it a "shout out" because I am beyond happy with the results BC has had on my back. It feels SO good to finally wear w/e I want w/o worrying what others will think of my skin and to run my hands over it and feel nothing but smooth, soft skin! I've had acne on my face since I was 11 or 12 and I began getting it on my back (and my chest at times) when I was 15 or 16 (I'm 21 now). I know how much of a drag it can be... I didn't want to wear tank tops in summer no matter how hot it was cause I was afraid of what people would think and it's really difficult finding pretty sleeveless shirts that weren't too low cut IMO. This would then just perpetuate the problem because it would trap heat, humidity, sweat and oils but I couldn't bring myself to wear tank tops that would let my skin breathe...

I was on erythromycin for a while and all that did was give me constant hunger pains. I tried differin gel...didn't work. Panoxyl body wash? Nope...Head & Shoulders? Nothing. The thing that helped most prior to BC was DKR's BP and even that didn't clear everything, and a few bumps are all that's needed for red marks that last well over half a year on my skin.

Anyway, earlier this year I made a doctors appointment to try and get Yaz because it claims to help with the symptoms of PMDD (the reason I made the appointment) and mild-moderate acne, win-win! So, since february I've been using it religiously and around 3 mos. I saw clear results on my back all I was getting was a one or two of those deep, painful kind a month. This was a vast improvement! I added BP again, once a day, to my problem spots and now (6.5 mos. in) my back is absolutely clear. I admit I have one tiny one near my shoulder but I'm certain it's from a highly comedogenic lotion I used.

Basically, if you haven't considered using BC to treat acne you should look into it even on the hormonal treatment boards :) I know some people hate Yaz but it personally took me a good 4-5 mos to see definite results on my back and as of a month ago I'm began to see it work on my face, the only thing I'm battling now is occasional comedones and redmarks.

I have had decent luck with BC on facial acne but not so much on body acne. I tend to get chest acne only in hot weather and my bacne seems to flare up in hotter weather as well, while my facial acne gets a bit better.

I think it takes 8 mos to see full effects (if you're on a bc that agrees with you), if you haven't been using it too long maybe you can try some bp, too. Otherwise, switching might help. I just figured I'd share what has helped me, I realize though what works for one person might not work for another

I'd ask for Yaz (because I'm sure I have PMDD. I get crazy before my period), but my parents...they're old fashioned, and they'll think it's so I can have sex or something. Psh. I can try making the argument again, because I'd really rather try BC :)

I'd ask for Yaz (because I'm sure I have PMDD. I get crazy before my period), but my parents...they're old fashioned, and they'll think it's so I can have sex or something. Psh. I can try making the argument again, because I'd really rather try BC :)

LOL you know what....I had the same problem. I come from a traditional Albanian family and my mom would never let me get bc cause of the "health risks" but I knew it was for the same reason you said. Parents can be so much fun :rolleyes: