Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Um...

Let me think about this one...

I just have to be sure on this...

Let's see...

YES!!!

No its not. when u have acne, its normal to smile all the time and feel like sniffing daisies and whatnot.

sorry, i just had to be a sarcastic ass. on a more serious note, im sorry if ur depressed, but its totally normal. all u can do, is try to treat ur acne and stay positive. but if ur depression is more serious, please talk to someone or see a therapist.

good luck =)

Totally normal. Acne is on the most visible place a human being has - thier face - (and that's just for some people - alot of us have body acne, too!). It tends to make us shy away from those who aren't sure understand that we can't always control it.

Totally normal. Acne is on the most visible place a human being has - thier face - (and that's just for some people - alot of us have body acne, too!). It tends to make us shy away from those who aren't sure understand that we can't always control it.

It's more than just the fact that the face is the most visible. It is also the most memorable and distinctive feature of a person. That and the fact that people are so identified with their faces that in way their face becomes who they are. I hope that made sense. Take say, good ol' Abe Lincoln. Everyone knows what his face looks like, but his face isn't really him, Abraham Lincoln is a person quite distinct from his physical form, but he is also entirely identified by his appearance. As we all are. When was the last time you saw a yearbook that showcased pictures of people's hands? Or ankles? I didn't think so! We can't really separate ourselves from our appearances.

I have suffered from some pretty serious depression...last september i tried to commit suicide. i'm not saying that it is all from having acne, but it does play a role. it is hard to look at life in a positive way when you can't even look at your face in the morning.

i have been in therapy for a year now and on too many medications to count, but i still can't get over my physical appearance. it has gotten so bad that i've developed severe socail anxiety...i can't stand the idea of people staring and laughing at me. sometimes i can't even let my boyfriend see me because i'm afraid he will think i'm ugly.... i am even too scared to talk to my therapist about my acne because of how he might react. it is just too embarasing.

so this was a really long and rambling way to say that YES, acne can be a trigger for depression. if you feel depressed you should probably talk to someone.

It's more than just the fact that the face is the most visible. It is also the most memorable and distinctive feature of a person. That and the fact that people are so identified with their faces that in way their face becomes who they are. I hope that made sense. Take say, good ol' Abe Lincoln. Everyone knows what his face looks like, but his face isn't really him, Abraham Lincoln is a person quite distinct from his physical form, but he is also entirely identified by his appearance. As we all are. When was the last time you saw a yearbook that showcased pictures of people's hands? Or ankles? I didn't think so! We can't really separate ourselves from our appearances.

you said it all and more, very well put.