Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iliad

Which type of food breaks you out the worst?

I have tried testing myself to see what foods aggravate my skin and I was wondering what your results were. Out of the following please explain which food type seems to be the worst for your skin:

-Sugars

-Oils

-Dairy

-Gluten

-Other

I only included the ones that seem to be the main culprits. People don't have too much trouble with veggies and meat, but if I missed something go ahead and explain. Dairy seems to be the worst for me by the way. I'm not even sure if the other categories have a direct correlation to my skin, but dairy always seems to create deep lesions if I have too much of it.

Other, ham, sausage, nuts and peanut butter, sunflower seeds and sunflowerseed oil. It breaks me out on my neck to the point that it looks like I have chicken pox there! Elf

well i'll surely find out. i ate chocolate ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. oh boy the next few weeks will be... horrible. :/

For me, it's got to be any kind of citrus... which is a shame, because pure grapefruit juice is my favorite drink in the world.

Or, at least, it was :(

I'll agree with the dairy, sugar, and especially oil! Any trans fat (hydrogenated vegetable oil) or fried food and I'm a disaster. Shouldn't be eating that crap anyways so I guess it's a good thing :)

anything that raises insulin levels should be avoided. For example, bread, sweets, coffee etc. These when injested will raise your sugar levels and are main contributors for acne.

I try to avoid these types of foods and when i do, i see great results. No bread=less acne.

Dairy for me.

I have established that I have hormonal acne, the hormones in cow's milk don't do me any good :(

I still eat cheese, butter and chocolate, I just don't drink milk anymore.

THE DEVIL CALLED SUGAR..

30 minutes, to an hr. later ..I feel one nast forming..and its always an white head.

yea, I get whiteheads from sugar too.

I used to love eating huge bowls of ice cream :(

I find it really weird. I can eat bags and bags of chips. And I won't break out.

Ice cream makes my skin go nuts though. And veggies ...

It's weird. Chocolate doesn't really do anything. Occasionally it does.

*shrugs.

Dunno yet... lol

i am a bit different i get acne cause my dad had bad acne.... so he pass it to me.

no matter what i eat.. i still get acne.

but eating healthy keeps my skin nice.

A steady bad diet of processed foods and drinks gives me oily skin and therefore pimples and blackheads. However, they don't directly break me out. Citrus does that.

hey guys, a lot of you said dairy. It depends on the dairy. try unpasturized organic dairy with the bacteria in it. It might not work for everyone but it works a lot for me and as well as other things aside from acne. FOr example, i use the plain yogurt (organic, all natural, all it has is unpasturized milk and bacteria) and stir in the Salvia hispanica seeds (salba), in case you guys didn't know contains like 10000 x more omega 3s and protein and is good for your body in total. The bacteria in the yogurt work with the good bacteria in your body to provide equal immune support and well being. :)

dairy, sugar, wheat, turkey, pork, coffee, curious about oranges,, haven't had any lately.. i'll have to wait till im clear than try.. all processed foods which contain high fructose corn syrup and msg

Chicken, pork, beef....

Meat generally generates more heat in the body than vegetables so that maybe the reason.

I guess diary if I consume too much of it, also sugary and oily stuff if I consume too much.

I was suprised but even fish oil capsules gave me pimples the next day...I guess my body doesn't differentiate between good and bad oil... :think:

I have tried testing myself to see what foods aggravate my skin and I was wondering what your results were. Out of the following please explain which food type seems to be the worst for your skin:

-Sugars

-Oils

-Dairy

-Gluten

-Other

I only included the ones that seem to be the main culprits. People don't have too much trouble with veggies and meat, but if I missed something go ahead and explain. Dairy seems to be the worst for me by the way. I'm not even sure if the other categories have a direct correlation to my skin, but dairy always seems to create deep lesions if I have too much of it.

whats your thoughts of accutane??

A steady bad diet of processed foods and drinks gives me oily skin and therefore pimples and blackheads. However, they don't directly break me out. Citrus does that.

ditto for me