Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apprenant

Red pigmentation not pimples

I was on Isotretinoin(accutane) for 4 months It completely cleared everything with the exception of the localised red pigmentation, it's not very noticeable but want it removed. How good is the regimen in this respect?

hey guys,

i've got the same problem. I'm about to start accutane but youcan hardly notice the zits because i've got so much hyperpigmentation. What i've noticed helps is aloe vera for newer spots. older ones i've heard mederma works, but its pretty pricey. i'll look up some more home remedies and get back to you tonight.

hope this helps a little!!

Lily.

apprenant how long have you been off accutane..?

5 days, my skin has stopped being prone to dryness so I think it's pretty safe. I ordered the 2 month package from acne.org

The regimen will not help at all for hyperpigmentation. In fact, benzoyl peroxide actually slows down the rate at which red marks heal, so using it would be completely counterproductive.

I personally recommend Dan's AHA+ cream. Also, providing you are clear of active acne, glycolic acid peels are something that you may want to consider. I don't have any experience with peels, but they have been reported to be extremely helpful.

Okay then, but can I put the moisturizer and cleanser to any good use?

anyways, thanks for the info, i assumed that redmarks were just a less severe form of acne.