Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BenzoylPeroxide

i could care less now

yeah, i still have acne, yeah sometimes it gets kinda bad looking, but i dont do ANYTHING anymore, i just wash like twice a day in warm water, thats it, im tired of regimens and things, ive reached the point where i could care less how it looks, let the inflamattion arise!!!!!

good luck with that bro. some ppl got good results with just water. dont forget to take vitamins thou.

i've gotten to that point too. i mean, i'll still put on cover-up on when i go out, but i've gotten to the point where i don't really feel that self-concious about it anymore. it used to really bother me and i had such low self-confidence, but now i'm just tired of caring about it. i'm still on my meds that the derm gave me, but it's been 8 months since i started them, and though my skin's improved a ton, it just seems like if it were going to get any better, it would be clear by now. it would be nice to have pretty clear skin, but mine isn't...and i've accepted that.

oh i'm not giving up, i'm just not letting it kill my self-esteem anymore. i'm continuing w/ my regimen, but i'm hoping that in a few years i'll grow out of it. if not, then i'll bite and take accutane...but till then, i'm going to try and be happy with the results i've seen so far and not let acne inhibit me.

Could you keep a log, maybe, of this? We actually have lots of people who have considered trying this but want some information on someone whose done it before! This would be really great for the site!

yeah, i still have acne, yeah sometimes it gets kinda bad looking, but i dont do ANYTHING anymore, i just wash like twice a day in warm water, thats it, im tired of regimens and things, ive reached the point where i could care less how it looks, let the inflamattion arise!!!!!

Hey man, this worked for me...just washing with warm water in the morning and warm water in the evening. If i could give you one piece of advice.. after you wash with warm water follow up directly with cold water...it should take you about a month or so for your face to clear up..it took a month for me.Anyways hope this helps.

oh i'm not giving up, i'm just not letting it kill my self-esteem anymore. i'm continuing w/ my regimen, but i'm hoping that in a few years i'll grow out of it. if not, then i'll bite and take accutane...but till then, i'm going to try and be happy with the results i've seen so far and not let acne inhibit me.

I note in your signature that you're just using Duac to spot-treat. Duac is meant for whole-face use; it helps prevent new pimples from forming. If it is too drying for you, you can always add in an oil-free moisturizer. Dan's is good, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion Night version is good (also has AHA so maybe too drying with Duac while you're getting used to Duac all over the face.)

But don't give up, anyone, there IS something out there that will work for you! It's a long process and frustrating sometimes, but something WILL work.