Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Salicylic acid

Have made of you had success with SA in getting rid of blackheads? Also does it improve your complexion and make your skin look any healthier?

I used to use Clearasil Blackhead Clearing ... thing . I forgot the name HAHA But it really helped with the blackheads on my nose and did make my skin clearer. You could try it.

I use Clean & Clear Blackhead Scrub (something like that) occasionaly and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle - Anti-Blemish cream twice a day and I think it helped me a lot but it's hard to say cause I have other products and such in my regimen. Some people find it too harsh but I, personally, have had no problems with it while bp, on the other hand, would literally make me tear up. I use it to get rid of comedones and now I never have more than 10 I'd say and my skin looks...idk how to describe it but..brighter? Also, just throwing this out there, the retinol in the Neutrogena product got rid of the (faint) laughing lines I got from bp

Paula's Choice 2% BHA (Salicylic) liquid completely rid me of blackheads and improved most areas of my skin where I was prone to small clog-type bumps rather than major inflamed pimples. IMO, the reason SA tends to give really hit or miss results is because it has to be a certain ph level in order to work effectively, and I don't believe that the drugstore brands always do quality control on what the ph of their SA is. Paula's Choice is ph balanced to be effective, and is still relatively inexpensive (about $15 for a bottle that lasts forever). Also, the liquid formula penetrates into your pores better than a cream or gel will.