Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xsubset87

How much is your usual cortisone shot?

of all the helpful things dermatologists do, i've come to believe that cortisone shots (the ones injected straight into pimples) are not particularly useful. i think they mainly serve to pacify impatient patients. it's to make you feel like the doctor has done something during your office visit.

the reality is that whatever long-term treatment your doctor puts you on, whether its topical or oral or both, that's the thing that will do the most to resolve your acne. these treatments are slow and require a lot of patience. a lot of people can't stand to wait that long, so i think cortisone shots are just used to satisfy the impulse to do something quickly.

cortizone make no difference in the long run... it's mainly a psychological tool: injected cortisone lessens the appearance of inflammation, so it can reduce the temptation to pick your face. that's all it does. it doesn't make the acne go away any faster.

if getting a cortisone shot will keep you from picking at your face, then go for it. but you're better off just mustering up the willpower to not pick at your skin for the next several months.

of all the helpful things dermatologists do, i've come to believe that cortisone shots (the ones injected straight into pimples) are not particularly useful. i think they mainly serve to pacify impatient patients. it's to make you feel like the doctor has done something during your office visit.

the reality is that whatever long-term treatment your doctor puts you on, whether its topical or oral or both, that's the thing that will do the most to resolve your acne. these treatments are slow and require a lot of patience. a lot of people can't stand to wait that long, so i think cortisone shots are just used to satisfy the impulse to do something quickly.

cortizone make no difference in the long run... it's mainly a psychological tool: injected cortisone lessens the appearance of inflammation, so it can reduce the temptation to pick your face. that's all it does. it doesn't make the acne go away any faster.

if getting a cortisone shot will keep you from picking at your face, then go for it. but you're better off just mustering up the willpower to not pick at your skin for the next several months.

They truly do help when there's a cyst on your face the size of a golf ball. Not only does it take care of the unsightly appearance, but the pain as well.

It's not like when I go the derm injects every pimple on my face. it's usually just one or two giant cysts.

I'm on accutane and my last visit to the derm he said there was nothing for him to inject and thats good. so hopefully it stays that way.