Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
welcometothedarkside

Help with deciding on a medication

My dermatoloist is calling me later on today so we can discuss a new medication. I've tried accutane, minocin, erythromycin( all of which i had to stop because of side effects ). So no oral treatments are possible. I've tried clinsasol, clindoxyl, differin, panoxyl. Does anybody have any suggestions as to any medicines i can discuss with her which i have not taken and are good ones? Preferably topical creams or topical anti biotics, possibly a retinoid.

thanks

I have tried all of the medications you were on. I had to originally get off accutane due to muscle pain and I was able to stay on it the second time at a difference doseage. I found that although my acne became better or 80% clear while I was on meds it flared up once I came off. Remember you can’t be on them for an extensive period of time so your only getting better for a short while. I worked at a dermatologist office and I have found that the regimen I’m doing works better than anything I was ever on.

Maybe you can give this a try? Let me know if you do or if you have questions…wish you the best!