Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
b4byfac3

Why 2 pumps of BP anyways?

Dan may have mentioned this or I just forgot but why does the regimen require increasing the amount of BP anyways? When I was applying 1 pump of BP to my whole face I could barely get it to absorb. Like, if the bottle had 5% concentration, would the regimen still require increasing the dose to 2 pumps? Is it because it's a lower concentration that we need to apply more? I'm just confused of the purpose of 2 pumps instead of just having ENOUGH BP absorbed into the skin.

It's not set in stone, for me anyway. I've been using the same amount of BP ever since I started and it works perfectly. One pump and I'm good to go. Sometimes I do need a little more for little spots I missed or for the problem areas, but I mean, it's not a big deal to use 1 1/2 pumps or whatever.

Everyone's amount is different..find out what works for you and do it.

I have mild acne that would probably be moderate if I wasn't using the regimen, and I use more than two pumps (applying extra on the areas in which I am particularly prone to breakouts). I'm sure many would disagree, but the recommended amount just doesn't always feel like enough to keep the spots away.