Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JooK

A routine for the rest of my life?

I'm on Dan's regimen, and its been working fantastically for the past year and a half. However, I one monster lurking over my shoulder. Its the thought that I will have to continue using this regimen for at least another 10 years or more. I know that puberty stops at around at 16, and I'm 17 years old now with no noticable decrease in acne.

The thing is, my face is 97% clear. I have like one zit, but I have moderate backne, chest acne and so forth. The only reason I'm so clear on my face is because I cover 97% of my face with Dan's BP. Before it, I couldn't even walk outside due to my severe social anxiety.

Anyways... I know there is no magical age, but is there a time in which my acne will at least SLOW DOWN?

Usually I think around 21. My friend used to get a lot of acne when he was 15-18. It wasn't severe. Just a lot of moderate acne. He used some creams and stuff for a while but he's 21 now and doesn't use anything so for him he grew out of it.

i had bacne at 18/19. After that it kinda just got less bad. I'm at uni and people certainly seem to be growing out of it now.

IDK My acne seems to just evolve with age. It started when I was 11 and has sort of changed from adolescent acne all over my face to adult female hormonal acne on my chin and cheeks. I'm 34 now. :wacko:

Unfortunately there is no general rule; it is different for each person. As you're aware, acne is an extremely unpredictable disease, which often fluctuates in terms of severity and location. I'm not officially an expert, but I'm knowledgable enough to know that this eratic nature is partly the reason why a cure hasn't been discovered yet. Acne is perplexing, to the say the least.

Incidentally, whilst browsing through some old topics, I found that the majority of members that used this site several years ago have since stopped posting (and moved on). That certainly implies to me that most of those people have since overcome acne, so let's hope it will be the same case for all of us - sooner rather than later!