Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BabyDee

going to my family doctor on friday for my acne...

i'm goin to my doc, and i need some suggestions on wut i should get i wanted a cream and pills, i've heard good things about Benzaclin, but wut kinda of pill should i ask for? i have mild/moderate acne but it's been pretty shitty latley and it's out of control at the moment. i would appreciate your help thanks!

I was in the same situation years ago that you are in now. I got the "cream and pills" and they didn't do a thing for me. Just go on accutane. Trust me, you should consider it if you have severe acne, scarring or your acne has been present for a long time. I have a family doc app tomorrow, and I am going to ask for accutane because nothing else he's prescribed these past six years have helped me. At least ask your doc what they think about you going on 'tane, because it is the only drug that is a surefire way to clearer skin.

hello thanks for replying! i often think about goin on accutane cause i'm sick of trying new things all the time, i mean i've tried every over the counter product, proactive is the only thing that kept it under control, didn't make my acne go away but it's the best results i've had. i used to be on benzaclin and it worked wonders for my face but it just got too expensive to keep getting. can u get accutane from your family doctor though?

hello thanks for replying! i often think about goin on accutane cause i'm sick of trying new things all the time, i mean i've tried every over the counter product, proactive is the only thing that kept it under control, didn't make my acne go away but it's the best results i've had. i used to be on benzaclin and it worked wonders for my face but it just got too expensive to keep getting. can u get accutane from your family doctor though?

A good pill would be minocin or erythromycin, these are proven great medicines when you have moderate acne. If one or both of those does not work, perhaps you can try accutane. Or of course if you and your doctor feel accutane directly is the best option, then so be it. My family doctor is the person who prescribed me my first course of accutane, but then directly refered me to a dermatologist for further accutane check ups.

good luck whatever you decide

Oh geez, avoid oral antibiotics unless its a last resort. They do clear up acne, but it comes back once you go off the pills. Trust me, I've had some pretty nasty experiences with them. PLEASE don't let your doctor just give you the pills and shoo you out the door. If your doctor thinks your acne needs to be medicated, ask for to be referred to a derm so it can be dealt with properly. I don't have a very high opinion of family doctor's at the moment as you can probably tell, lol. Good luck on Friday.

listen to me!!!! if you have acne now, then the odds are that you will suffer with it for a long time. it only gets worse. dont stuff around trying this and that, people do that for years and years and then when they are at there wits ends they go to a dermo.. be that person that goes straight away, get a refferal from your doctor, and say you want acctune. dont let the doctor talk you into tablets. i was on them for three years and tried every sort. they done jack shit. roacctune is the only way to get rid of acne 100%. its not expensive, and it works. trust me, look at sights on acctuene, look at pics, before and after.