Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dae0528

No vegetable oil!

my mom use to use to vegetable oil for cooking but i told her not to so she switched to corn oil? just for cooking though..im not sure if corn oil is still considered vegetable oil but there must be a difference im guessing feel free to let me know btw, one day when i didnt kno my mom had bought vegetable oil and she cooked dinner with it the next day i woke up with a huge cyst !

Corn oil is a vegetable oil... she switched from vegetable oil from vegetable oil. I would not eat corn oil, if it were up to me.

And I read finished reading the first page of this thread, I'm not sure why people don't know how to use google, but olive oil is not a vegetable oil.

Corn oil is pretty bad. I avoid anything made from corn. Vegetable oils make my face oily, so i've been avoiding them. I'm not really a fan of nut oils either.

I'll cook in grapeseed oil or coconut oil. Olive oil is a fruit oil and i have a little bit of it everyday.

And I read finished reading the first page of this thread, I'm not sure why people don't know how to use google, but olive oil is not a vegetable oil.

All oils from plant sources are called "vegetable oil" even if they are from a nut or seedor fruit. Olive oil and coconut oil are still vegetable oils. The term does not mean much at all in terms of what is healthy.

As previously stated in this thread it is the POLYUNSATURATED vegetable oils that you must avoid in order to be healthy. Unless you avoid these your are never going to get clear skin. All of these oils including corn, soybean, canola, cottonseed etc. are highly toxic.

Polyunsaturated oils are by FAR more dangerous than sugars and sweets. Sugar is harmless in small amount. Vegetable oils have been proven to cause cancer and heart disease when fed to animals , even in tiny amounts when the rest of their fats come from saturated sources. Strict avoidance of these oils is the only sane thing to do.

Fats to use liberally are butter, beef tallow, coconut oil, macadamia oil

Use in moderate amounts lard, palm oil, olive oil, goose and duck fat

Never use corn oil, soybean, canola, chicken fat , sunflower seed oil

Im probably foregetting some fats but you get the point.

my mom use to use to vegetable oil for cooking but i told her not to so she switched to corn oil? just for cooking though..im not sure if corn oil is still considered vegetable oil but there must be a difference im guessing feel free to let me know btw, one day when i didnt kno my mom had bought vegetable oil and she cooked dinner with it the next day i woke up with a huge cyst !

Corn oil is a vegetable oil... she switched from vegetable oil from vegetable oil. I would not eat corn oil, if it were up to me.

I'm not sure why people don't know how to use the encyclopedia, but olive oil is a vegetable oil. :naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_oil

vegetable oils are defined as oils derived from plants...

I'm not sure why people don't know how to use the encyclopedia, but olive oil is a vegetable oil. :naughty:

Well, for one thing, you are arguing about something that is irrelevant. What you need to know is to choose oils lowest in polyunsaturated fats. Read the labels. The type of fats in the oil should be broken down.

Also check ingredients for the word hydrogenated and avoid.

Actually, I think the definition of vegetable oil is very relevant, as there are people on this board who will tell you that they break out from all vegetable oils, irrespective of their polyunsaturated fat content.

I think the bigger issue, however, is that before you lambaste someone for "not knowing how to use google," you should do your homework.

Actually, I think the definition of vegetable oil is very relevant, as there are people on this board who will tell you that they break out from all vegetable oils, irrespective of their polyunsaturated fat content.

I think the bigger issue, however, is that before you lambaste someone for "not knowing how to use google," you should do your homework.

Well, for one thing, you are arguing about something that is irrelevant. What you need to know is to choose oils lowest in polyunsaturated fats. Read the labels. The type of fats in the oil should be broken down.

Jesus flucking christ, get over it already... seriously.

Jesus flucking christ, I made a mistake, get over it.

You did make a mistake and no need to use profanity. We are all acne sufferers trying to help each other out (I think).

Do you want to say it a fourth time... will that make you happier?

Canola Oil is safe for me.

I have the same condition and it sucks because everything has vegetable oils.

Edited by NTNS

Been buying Corn oil, and Canola oil from Costco for years. I decided to switch to vegetable oil, and I broke out, out of nowhere and have been acne clear my entire life. I truly am suspecting it's the veggie oil..I pan fried chicken in it last weekend and I remember getting 3 new cysts on back of scalp. And I am on antibiotics and Differin and Aczone..so I guess it isn't an infection- it must be the damn oil..ughg. I'm discontinuing it tonight.

Been buying Corn oil, and Canola oil from Costco for years. I decided to switch to vegetable oil, and I broke out, out of nowhere and have been acne clear my entire life. I truly am suspecting it's the veggie oil..I pan fried chicken in it last weekend and I remember getting 3 new cysts on back of scalp. And I am on antibiotics and Differin and Aczone..so I guess it isn't an infection- it must be the damn oil..ughg. I'm discontinuing it tonight.

Corn oil and canola oil ARE vegetable oil. The only possible reason why the oil labeled "vegetable oil" might have broken you out is because it may have been less refined causing a lower smoke point which turns it to trans fat more easily OR it's just rancid. I'm not expert but that's just a guess. Plus, why would you fry anything in vegetable oil let alone eat it at all? Are you out of your mind? Most vegetable oils are already rancid when they hit the shelves. Vegetable oil is extremely unstable and breaks down almost immediately after being pressed. On the other hand, saturated fats are already bonded with hydrogen therefore they last longer. So if you're eating vegetable oils you'll probably end up eating a lot more trans fat which is by fat the worst fat.

Everyone make sure to check your vitamins...I just found soybean oil in one of my ones that I bought before I was checking =(