Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dae0528

No vegetable oil!

I recently found out that to get rid of my acne i have to get rid of vegetable oil in my diet. so ive been trying for a few days, but its so hard because vegetable oil is in everything. is there any substitute for vegetable oil? is olive oil vegetable oil? and do you think i just cant have too much vegetable oil or i have to completely get rid of it, cz i dont get how anyone can live like that.

Same problem here .. After using GHEE (Animal Ghee) and olive oil I got clear but I believe you can still sneak small amounts of vegetable oils with no problem.For me Vegetable oil caused the worst acne ( huge cysitic inflamated) .

HTH.

It's the polyunsaturated vegetable oils that are best to avoid--the other ones are okay. Olive oil is mostly monounsaturated; coconut oil is mostly saturated, so they are both fine. Same goes for butter, lard, ghee, etc.

wait, so vegetable oil and olive oil are different? i can use olive oil? oh and wat about corn oil, i see that alot on ingredients

wait, so vegetable oil and olive oil are different? i can use olive oil? oh and wat about corn oil, i see that alot on ingredients

Olive oil is good (there are better alternatives, but whatever); but corn oil is mostly polyunsaturated, and should be avoided. You can assume that if a product has corn oil listed as an ingredient, it's very low-quality corn oil that was extracted with inexpensiveness in mind.

Olive oil is good (there are better alternatives, but whatever); but corn oil is mostly polyunsaturated, and should be avoided. You can assume that if a product has corn oil listed as an ingredient, it's very low-quality corn oil that was extracted with inexpensiveness in mind.

olive oil is vegetable oil.

By the way, what do you mean exactly by "good"?

olive oil is vegetable oil.

By the way, what do you mean exactly by "good"?

Olive oil is a vegetable oil, but it is not a polyunsaturated vegetable oil. Older humans used to go out of their way to avoid excessive polyunsaturated fat--they would purposefully manipulate their meats to have less polyunsaturated fat, and more monounsaturated fat. This is my basis for advocating olive oil, and not other oils; also, my personal experiences with oils.

By "good", I mean: provides fat in good ratios (monosaturated and saturated are "good"; polyunsaturated is necessary in small amounts, but should not be consumed in big amounts, or else it's "bad"); and provides some antioxidant compounds as well. All fats will sap your body's supply of antioxidants somewhat, so to counter this, I believe that fat sources should have as much antioxidant capability as possible. Olive oil contains phytonutrients and Vitamin E; whereas, satuarated fat is its own antioxidant, and doesn't need any further help in that regard.

basically:

cooking- coconut oil and/or GHEE

non-cooking - coconut oil/olive oil/jojoba oil(external skin use)

If you have a predominantly whole food diet then i can't see where vegetable oils would sneak in.

**don't heat olive oil

basically:

If you have a predominantly whole food diet then i can't see where vegetable oils would sneak in.

**don't heat olive oil

ok im confused. so is it ok if i have olive oil in my diet and just not corn oil and other vegetable oils? and also i just wanna know if since im starting a new diet should i completely stop using my cleanser, its not like a serious cleanser like proactiv but its targeted for acne

in my opinion, all vegetable oils are bad. High omega 6 and little nutritional value. Olives are fruits and so olive oil is a fruit oil. So is coconut oil and avocado oil which are both better than vegetable oils. Use coconut oil for cooking and the others for whatever...

Has anyone used safflower oil for cooking/frying? I'm trying a caribbean recipe (Bajan Fishcakes) and I need to fry them in oil...just don't know what kind is best for my skin. I rarely ever fry anything, so I'm slightly clueless.

basically:

**don't heat olive oil

ok im confused. so is it ok if i have olive oil in my diet and just not corn oil and other vegetable oils? and also i just wanna know if since im starting a new diet should i completely stop using my cleanser, its not like a serious cleanser like proactiv but its targeted for acne

Basically, you can consume olive oil 'raw' so to speak, don't cook with it! People take a couple of tablespoons of e.v.o.o. with their fish oil to prevent oxidisation. Oils I would advocate:

for cooking are = GHEE and/or coconut oil

and for consuming 'raw' are = olive oil, e.v.o.o. (better than olive oil), coconut oil

look through some ndnromeo threads he did a lot of research on the types of fats in different oils and how they affect the body. long story short you need olive oil in your diet. extra virgin.

look through some ndnromeo threads he did a lot of research on the types of fats in different oils and how they affect the body. long story short you need olive oil in your diet. extra virgin.

I saw Ghee Oil... which one is better Coconut or Ghee?

talking about the taste :P

wait why is coconut oil good for you, wouldnt it have alot of sugar? is it all healthy for u? ive just never heard of ppl using that before.

I have just bought some cocnut oil to cook in.

I eat evoo mixed with some garlic, water,small chopped up onions..and a tad bit of lemon juice, and this is my salad dressing, and its really good..

However, I tried to get palm oil to cook in, but could not find it..

so I will cook in the coconut oil!

basically:

**don't heat olive oil

Yes, you should very spefically avoid oils labeled as vegetable or corn oil. Those are the worst. This applies to margarine and crisco or anything else made from them.

Whole foods sells both palm (they call it shortening, it's in a tub...under the Whole Foods brand "SPECTRUM") and coconut oil.

When I make fried rice I'll usually use butter though...it adds a really nice flavor that other fats can't touch.

Not all vegetable oil, aka soybean oil, is bad for you. Hydrogenated Soybean oil is the bad vegetable oil that causes problems such as acne. Soybean actually has many benefits. The hard part is that 80% of all the soybean oil sold in the US in hydrogenated. I recommend going to your organic supermarket and ask if the they have hydrogenated-free soybean oil. They may laugh at you so just be prepared, haha.

my mom use to use to vegetable oil for cooking but i told her not to so she switched to corn oil? just for cooking though..im not sure if corn oil is still considered vegetable oil but there must be a difference im guessing feel free to let me know btw, one day when i didnt kno my mom had bought vegetable oil and she cooked dinner with it the next day i woke up with a huge cyst !