Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marrakech

Is there such thing as second impression?

I was thinking, what if someone met you and you had acne and later you healed it would they change their mind about you? Or is it always the first impression that sticks? Would it be unfair to the person with acne who was rejected prior to healing acne, then to have someone like them with clear skin?

Honestly, I think the first impression would stick more if you were gorgeous and then later acne-covered. They'd constantly be thinking about what you looked like at your best, and now they have to deal with you at your worst. *shrugs. Honestly, though, if someone were to reject you because of acne, that person wouldn't deserve you anyway. Unless your acne was so severe it looked like you were literally a pepperoni pizza O_O Then it'd still be mean, but more people would be able to sympathize.

I think there is such a thing. I remember before I wouldn't even get the time of day but now that I have cleared up it's amazing how many people looked at you weird before for having pimples, now look at you and want to get to know you now.

Kind of makes you think, "man where were you before??" It's not like my pimples would attack you or anything like that.. I think it is a little unfair that people do that, but what can you do?

I think there is such a thing. I remember before I wouldn't even get the time of day but now that I have cleared up it's amazing how many people looked at you weird before for having pimples, now look at you and want to get to know you now.

Kind of makes you think, "man where were you before??" It's not like my pimples would attack you or anything like that.. I think it is a little unfair that people do that, but what can you do?

It's most likely that people are NOT treating you different at all. You just think differently since you've cleared up.