Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my acne is pretty much under control but no matter what moisturizer i use after applying my acne medication, my face gets oily in less then an hour. i used to use proactiv and it worked well, it just made my face really oily so i'm tryin dan's regimen now. from reading reviews and the forum, i'm going to cleanse with purpose bar, apply dan's bp, and i need a moisturizer, preferrebly without spf

any help would be appreciated!

I really like Dan's Acne.org moisturizer, which I will occasionally use if I am feeling dry or have gone swimming. I am NOT a fan of Cetaphil -- it made my skin, which is pretty dry, feel greasy and clogged.

ok, i'll buy cerave tommorrow and ill keep the progress posted

so far i've used purpose and dan's gel for two nights, both nights i used a full pump and my skin is so oily that i didn't even need to moisturize =/ ill try cerave tommorrow and see if it can keep my face from getting so oily

My favorite is Neutrogena Oil-Free Fresh moisture (in a blue box). I don't like CeraVe at all, it just doesn't absorb well for me and stays greasy feeling on my skin. I've had problems with any moisturizer I've ever read as good for acne-prone skin, but this Neutrogena one is great, sinks in well and leaves a nice soft finish. I've used it twice a day for over 2 months, so if it was going to be clogging for me, I'd know by now.

No, it doesn't say "for sensitive skin", it just says oil-free fresh ultra light moisturizer. It's the only Neutrogena one in a blue box. However, my skin is SUPER sensitive, and this has worked out much better for me than anything I've ever tried that's supposed to be for sensitive skin.

I'm not as oily as I used to be, but I do still get oily as the day wears on, and I hate the feel of greasy, slimy moisturizers as much as I did when I was super oily... This one is definitely good for oily skin. It's really light and fresh and dries matte and soft, not at all greasy feeling. It's the most matte moisturizer I've ever used that actually gives moisture.

Of course, everyone's skin is different and it's worth trying a few different things. A lot of people love Complex 15 and CeraVe, but both clogged me and I hated the feel of CeraVe on my skin, people say that one dries matte but it didn't on me. It might work great for you :)

Don't but Neutrogena products all of them are crap by the way good luck with CeraVe plzz post back on how you like it?

I hate nearly all Neutrogena products too, but not this one. I spent years trying to find a moisturizer that worked for me, so when I finally did, I'm not about to not use it just because it's a brand I typically dislike :)

ok, thanks for the input guys!

well from reading reviews and posts, for the next three days i'm going to do as follows

1. apply purpose bar for 20 seconds

2. wait 5 minutes and 1 pump of dan's bp

3. wait 10 minutes and apply moisturizer, the first night just jojoba oil, the second neutrogena ultra light, and the third night cerave

i'll keep posed!