Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hopingthisworks

Did Accutane significantly help your body acne?

I'm finally going to be starting Accutane this week after trying to avoid it for years. I've been battling with acne for 18 yrs now, so I think it's about time!

My face has about 20 spots right now.They aren't "severe" cysts, but the skin on my face is really oily. Slathering on tons of BP keeps my face at about the state it is now.

What I HATE the most is the skin on the rest of my body. I have constant break-outs on my chest, back, shoulders/arms, and often on my neck too. It isn't severe either, but it's always there. It never goes away no matter what I do. I wear long sleeve shirts, with a high neckline all summer in order to try to hide it--and I live in an area where it's HOT. I don't know any other women who have these issues on their body--and I'm sick of it!! I've tried everything else the doctors have recommended with no relief. I'm ready to be able to wear normal clothes, and be able to go swimming with my kids.

So please give me hope--Did Accutane help your body acne???

I'm finally going to be starting Accutane this week after trying to avoid it for years. I've been battling with acne for 18 yrs now, so I think it's about time!

My face has about 20 spots right now.They aren't "severe" cysts, but the skin on my face is really oily. Slathering on tons of BP keeps my face at about the state it is now.

What I HATE the most is the skin on the rest of my body. I have constant break-outs on my chest, back, shoulders/arms, and often on my neck too. It isn't severe either, but it's always there. It never goes away no matter what I do. I wear long sleeve shirts, with a high neckline all summer in order to try to hide it--and I live in an area where it's HOT. I don't know any other women who have these issues on their body--and I'm sick of it!! I've tried everything else the doctors have recommended with no relief. I'm ready to be able to wear normal clothes, and be able to go swimming with my kids.

So please give me hope--Did Accutane help your body acne???

YES, absolutely.

Please check out my post on my body acne before and after accutane.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/My-Horrib...es-t203259.html

Leave me a comment let me know what you think

I used to have it pretty bad on my back, now it's mostly clear. i've been on accutane for awhile now.

I know how you feel. I don't know any other women going through this either. My chest acne got really bad this past year, then on my back. I had cystic acne on my chest and it got so bad that they would even get infected. Finally, I decided to go on accutane. I'm on day 100 and I've already seen a MAJOR improvement! The cysts I would get on my chest and back would hurt so much and now I don't have any actives on my chest at all! I'm just waiting for the red marks to fade.

Hope this helped! You should definitely consider going on it! I'm hoping that by next summer I'll finally be able to enjoy the beach which is something I haven't been able to do in a long time.

c-thru: I'm glad it's helping you! Thanks!

Raquelle: It's great to hear from another woman!! I feel so incredibly alone in this most of the time. Everyone else is wearing cute sleeveless shirts, and little strappy dresses, etc. And here I am having to stay covered up all the time :( Thanks so much for sharing your pain--and success--with me!! It really does help to hear another female say they've been through the same thing, and that it's getting better!

I'm not in the "considering" stage anymore. I'm already in the ipledge system, have done the bloodwork, pregnancy tests, etc and will be starting my first prescription of Accutane this week!! I'm still kind of scared about it, but I'm also excited that maybe I'll finally see some positive changes. I've been waiting for clear skin for so long....hopefully by the beginning of 2009, I'll be a whole new ME!!! :dance:

i'm also a woman and yes it did help my back and chest spots. i didnt have serious cysts or anything, but it looks totally clear for the first time in like years.

also-use dove sensitive skin body wash with one of those gentle poof things.. thank me later.

Congrats on your success! I hope I can get totally clear too! I hope I can thank you later, but I'll thank you now too!! I'm going to the store to stock up on supplies today, so I'll get some while I'm there

Yep it did. I had acne on my upper back and my mum has always told me how ugly it was. 6 months post tane and not a single pimple has appeared yet and I live in a hot and humid country. Also if it helps, I'm a woman too.

Yep it did. I had acne on my upper back and my mum has always told me how ugly it was. 6 months post tane and not a single pimple has appeared yet and I live in a hot and humid country. Also if it helps, I'm a woman too.

Yes, it does help!! Yeah, NOBODY knows about my skin issues on my body (the ones on my face I obviously can't hide...). I'm sorry your mom treated you that way. My parents and sisters always said things like, "Why don't you go to a doctor and do something about THAT?!?" Like they just assume that you walk into the office, get a magic pill, and then all your problems are gone. If only it were so easy!!

Now it's my kids who make me feel sad--though in their case it's totally not their fault. One time, one of them drew a sweet picture of me--complete with spots all over the face. He was so proud of himself for drawing such a good picture, so I just did my best not to fall apart crying in front of him. And another child once saw one of my arms, and started tearing up saying, "Oh no, Mom! What happened to you??" He thought that I had been burned, or hurt badly. I assured him that I was ok, and have been more careful to not let them see my body ever since. But it still SUCKS. I can't wait to live like a normal person :(

It makes me feel a lot better knowing that you're out there somewhere!! I feel so alone sometimes. No one knows about my skin issues either. My friends invite me to the beach and to their pools and I have to make up excuses all the time! I wish I didn't have to. The summer is the hardest. I want to wear cute clothes and pretty dresses.

I've only told my family so far and my best friend and she's really helped me. She helps me pick out clothes that are still cute and summery and even helps me make excuses that sound legit to my friends when they want me to come out to the beach. So it really helps being able to talk about it to someone.

I wish you all the luck in the world!! I know your situation will improve with accutane!

It makes me feel a lot better knowing that you're out there somewhere!! I feel so alone sometimes. No one knows about my skin issues either. My friends invite me to the beach and to their pools and I have to make up excuses all the time! I wish I didn't have to. The summer is the hardest. I want to wear cute clothes and pretty dresses.

I've only told my family so far and my best friend and she's really helped me. She helps me pick out clothes that are still cute and summery and even helps me make excuses that sound legit to my friends when they want me to come out to the beach. So it really helps being able to talk about it to someone.

I wish you all the luck in the world!! I know your situation will improve with accutane!

That's nice that you have people you can talk to about it. My husband is the only one I can talk to, and he can't fully appreciate what I'm going through. At least he's kind and compassionate though, and it's great to have his complete acceptance of me no matter what happens.

I actually just found out late yesterday afternoon that I have to wait till Monday to start my first course, so I'm a little disappointed, but still excited to have a chance at being clear. I really hope the Accutane is helpful long-term (for both of us!), and that the side effect are minimal (or at least that they won't cause permanent damage!). It sounds like you're much younger than me, so I hope you'll be able to avoid all the years of extra emotional pain that I've been dealing with. I hope you have fun at the beach next year!! My goal is to get to go swimming with my 3 kids next year in a normal swim suit! Good luck to us both!!!

I'm glad to hear you have a husband that's understanding and is helping you through this. I'm 19 and I've developed some issues with intimacy that I really hope I can overcome once this all goes away. Maybe you can relate, from when you were younger dealing with this.

That's exciting though that you'll be starting Monday!! Once I started I couldn't wait to see results...I don't think I ever really even had an IB I just broke out as usual at the beginning and finally it started to get much better.

Be sure to stock up on lip balm, mositurizer, conditioner, the usual, and keep busy with your kids and have fun! I'm sure hanging out with them will help you take your mind off of it all :)