Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genius/GZA

I didn't break out...?

Alrighty, so on the 4th of July, I was at a church BBQ with my friend. I had like four hot dogs, potato salad, lemonade, and some iced tea. Later on I found out there was some homemade ice cream. I had four bowls, and I didn't break out the next day. Usually I see some small bump coming up or I break out next day after eating some sweets and sugars (I work at Mrs. Field's Cookies lol). Is there any chance I could have grown out this dietary acne problem? Or was it just luck?

Thanks lol.

Congragulations on not breaking out, but the amount of nutrition you got during the church BBQ was very low!

4 hot dogs - About 968 calories and only a 30 nutritional completness factor.. which means no fiber at all and hardly any vitamins or minerals

potato salad - About 357 calories and only a 32 nutritional completness factor..

lemonade - Alot of sugar..

Iced tea - Alot of sugar..

Ice cream - Alot of sugar and lactose..

Not to mention if your hotdogs were not organic they probably had sodium nitrite in them..

SODIUM NITRITE - natural-acne-solution.com/toxic-ingredients-cause-acne.html

This little baby is used to color most of the meat sold in supermarkets (and other retail outlets). An old meat generally has putrid, gray color, which, retailers understand is not so attractive. To counter this issue they add sodium nitrite to the meat to color it red - to give an illusion that it's fresh.

The thing that they conveniently don't mention is that sodium nitrite is HIGHLY carcinogenic. In fact it's used in cancer research. When researches want to inflict mouse with a cancer they inject sodium nitrite into the mouse.

It's believed that the carcinogenic effect of eating meat is more to due to the added sodium nitrite than saturated fat in meat.

I would be more concerned about your low level of nutrition than play a guessing game with your skin.. If you want to have healthy skin, hair, eyes, and nails then consume lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, sprouts, seaweeds, herbs, superfoods, and fermented foods.. That way you don't have to take chances of getting really sick!

*By the way I figured that nutritional information out by using nutritiondata.com!

*We live in a time where we can eat really good food and people are still eating nutritionally devoid of life food.. its like WOW!

*I am starting to eat healthy and it really does make you feel a world of difference.

*Just start eating more of the good foods and eventually you will realize that those other foods are just plain nutritionally devoid of life!

*Be happy!

Congragulations on not breaking out, but the amount of nutrition you got during the church BBQ was very low!

shutup.

As for you, mr. original poster, good job. You didnt break out because you were probably enjoying yourself and not thinking about breaking out or stressing about what you eat. If you just trust your body to work right and let go of stressing and just enjoy yourself, you'll be just fine.

nice screen name btw

Good for you. I checked your public profile and it said you are 17. Maybe you are starting to grow out of acne. That would be nice.

i've read it can take 2-3 weeks or even ninety days for acne to form

so idk if you would be seeing it the next day.

Yeah but its been a consensus on here several times over the years that those studies are BS. A week or two is plausible, but 90 days? No chance.

People know themselves though, if they usually break out from something the next day, then thats how it works for them.

But hey nice job inserting a negative thought so that maybe he'll start to worry that he just hasnt broken out yet!

It depends on the exact cause of your acne. The only thing people "grow out of" is adolescence, which is a natural time for insulin resistance/acne. But if you find that sugar is the only cause for your acne, the protein in the hotdogs and the fat in the icecream MAY have had a buffering effect on the sugars, lowering the glycemic index of all the refined sugars somewhat. This is the only thing I can think of, because that meal would make most people breakout. The combination of sugar and dairy for most acne sufferers is pretty potent.

Most likely I would chalk it up to just luck if you haven't broken out by now.

Yeah but its been a consensus on here several times over the years that those studies are BS. A week or two is plausible, but 90 days? No chance.

People know themselves though, if they usually break out from something the next day, then thats how it works for them.

But hey nice job inserting a negative thought so that maybe he'll start to worry that he just hasnt broken out yet!

uh huh. well we'll see if he comes back here complaining about a major flare up yet can't pin point it. :naughty:

4 hot dogs - About 968 calories and only a 30 nutritional completness factor.. which means no fiber at all and hardly any vitamins or minerals

potato salad - About 357 calories and only a 32 nutritional completness factor..

lemonade - Alot of sugar..

Iced tea - Alot of sugar..

Ice cream - Alot of sugar and lactose..

Not to mention if your hotdogs were not organic they probably had sodium nitrite in them..

SODIUM NITRITE - natural-acne-solution.com/toxic-ingredients-cause-acne.html

This little baby is used to color most of the meat sold in supermarkets (and other retail outlets). An old meat generally has putrid, gray color, which, retailers understand is not so attractive. To counter this issue they add sodium nitrite to the meat to color it red - to give an illusion that it's fresh.

The thing that they conveniently don't mention is that sodium nitrite is HIGHLY carcinogenic. In fact it's used in cancer research. When researches want to inflict mouse with a cancer they inject sodium nitrite into the mouse.

It's believed that the carcinogenic effect of eating meat is more to due to the added sodium nitrite than saturated fat in meat.

I would be more concerned about your low level of nutrition than play a guessing game with your skin.. If you want to have healthy skin, hair, eyes, and nails then consume lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, sprouts, seaweeds, herbs, superfoods, and fermented foods.. That way you don't have to take chances of getting really sick!

*By the way I figured that nutritional information out by using nutritiondata.com!

*We live in a time where we can eat really good food and people are still eating nutritionally devoid of life food.. its like WOW!

*I am starting to eat healthy and it really does make you feel a world of difference.

*Just start eating more of the good foods and eventually you will realize that those other foods are just plain nutritionally devoid of life!

*Be happy!

lol, calm down. It was the 4th of July!

One thing I've never done is follow any kind of diet on holiday. Like on Thanksgivin g or Christmas....I eat whatever I want. There's no way I would miss out on my uncle's delicious homemade dinners.

I've never suffered a bad breakout afterward, either.

bobby digital is right: when you're relaxed and having fun and not worrying about your face, you break out less or not at all.

when you're at work, you break out from stress and possibly bad habits. the fact that you work at a cookie shop suggests that your connection between sweets and acne is primarily a connection between work and acne.

Alrighty, so on the 4th of July, I was at a church BBQ with my friend. I had like four hot dogs, potato salad, lemonade, and some iced tea. Later on I found out there was some homemade ice cream. I had four bowls, and I didn't break out the next day. Usually I see some small bump coming up or I break out next day after eating some sweets and sugars (I work at Mrs. Field's Cookies lol). Is there any chance I could have grown out this dietary acne problem? Or was it just luck?

Thanks lol.

You don't have persistent adult acne if you don't breakout after eating like that, because both your liver and digestive track would have reacted to those high fat and high sugar foods. You could have adolescent acne that people do grow out of. Adolescent acne is considered the norm in countries where people grow up eating processed food, but one study on a group that ate no processed food showed that the 13-25 year olds had no acne. Even if your acne is long-term hormonal the milk in the ice cream would have caused a breakout. Maybe you have a really healthy lifestyle like you do cardio every day, meditate, or go to sleep by 9 PM. Do your parents have adult acne?

Fuck it, you still got a lot of protein.

Last Thursday I biked 30 miles at about 1000-1200 calories burned. Lunch was a chickfila sandwich, sonic chocolate malt, and an ocean water thing. July 4th was a Sonic doublemeat/double cheese, and same on Saturday just it was at Whataburger. And my face is fine so far. If you're getting all of the other nutrients and fiber you need, don't stress it out, unless you're allergic.

Thanks for all the responses! I've read every single one, and I was gonna reply to every single one, but I'm too lazy lol. I don't really pay attention to what I eat besides sweets and desserts, I tend to stay away from those. And if I am growing out of acne, I'm very glad. Regardless, my acne has kind of made me more health conscious and I don't even eat fast food that much anymore (BESIDES IN-N-OUT & CHIPOTLE lol). I do also kind of stress out at work because it's usually really slow but then it gets busy while I'm trying to clean up and close up! Ahh!!!! My parents don't have adult acne, my mom said she had acne as a kid and that was it. I don't work out much, I'm gonna start doing some cardio (jogging) once I get some running shoes. I also sleep really late every night lol, like 2-4am.

Oh I forgot to mention I eat like 12 tacos from Del Taco like 1-2 times a week and I never break out from those.

Btw Bobby Digital, did you hear that RZA is directing and writing his own movie? It's got the seal of approval from both Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth I heard.

Thanks for all the responses! I've read every single one, and I was gonna reply to every single one, but I'm too lazy lol. I don't really pay attention to what I eat besides sweets and desserts, I tend to stay away from those. And if I am growing out of acne, I'm very glad. Regardless, my acne has kind of made me more health conscious and I don't even eat fast food that much anymore (BESIDES IN-N-OUT & CHIPOTLE lol). I do also kind of stress out at work because it's usually really slow but then it gets busy while I'm trying to clean up and close up! Ahh!!!! My parents don't have adult acne, my mom said she had acne as a kid and that was it. I don't work out much, I'm gonna start doing some cardio (jogging) once I get some running shoes. I also sleep really late every night lol, like 2-4am.

Oh I forgot to mention I eat like 12 tacos from Del Taco like 1-2 times a week and I never break out from those.

Btw Bobby Digital, did you hear that RZA is directing and writing his own movie? It's got the seal of approval from both Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth I heard.

rawr , my Dad had bad acne.. he has lots of scars... on his cheek. i see no1 with that many scars as him....

so i will get acne no matter what , i rather gain weight/muscle ... so i might start eating junks.

life is short... gotta have fun. Looks don't matter. ,

no need to be "Very healthy" , of course i wont stop eating fruits /veggies. :)

I see guys with big muscle and eat junks. , have nice skins.

not fair. lol