Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NessaVenasaur

chapstick recommendations?

My lips are really dry and I've never really had this problem before, especially in summer. I think it's cause of Yaz, cut down oil production...does anyone know of a reeeeally good chapstick? I hate the feeling :'(

Holy, crap. That is one expensive lip balm :shock:

Vaseline ! :D My mum bought one of their lip moisturizing things that look like that.

It's like lip balm pretty much, and it worked wonders on my chapped lips during the winter.

They're still soft and pretty now :surprised:

Yeah it is but I'm desperate and I would only use it 2-3 times a day. I've tried all the typical drug store things and I love vaseline but I find that it protects my lips (like wind damage in winter) more than it moisturizes. I've also tried diff kinds specifically for moisturizing =/ I think I'm going to get the Mary Kay stuff =/ I figure once they're in good shape I can just maintain it with my usual chapstick

Aquaphor -- lasts so much longer than chapstick. It's looks like vasaline, but is so much better. You can use it anywhere where you have dry skin.

burts bees anything!

i use burts bees pomegranite chapstick,

plus, it adds a little colour : )

softlips is really nice too!

I second the recommendation for soft lips. I had a horrible chapped lips experience a few years ago where I tried EVERYTHING under the sun - I was desperate. I had to reapply every 10-15 mins, my lips were a disaster. And the worst part was not only did nothing help - but everything I tried irritated my lips even more. Then I found softlips, to my surprise it worked wonders, and I've never looked back!

burts bees anything!

I second the recommendation for soft lips. I had a horrible chapped lips experience a few years ago where I tried EVERYTHING under the sun - I was desperate. I had to reapply every 10-15 mins, my lips were a disaster. And the worst part was not only did nothing help - but everything I tried irritated my lips even more. Then I found softlips, to my surprise it worked wonders, and I've never looked back!

I third soft lips! I've been using soft lips for four years now and I love it!! My lips are actually, well, soft, haha. I love that the applier is small and the fragrances are so yummy! I live at a high altitude so this stuff has really proven its self to be a great chapstick.

Aquaphor -- lasts so much longer than chapstick. It's looks like vasaline, but is so much better. You can use it anywhere where you have dry skin.

I started using this while on Accutane and it worked great. Now that I'm off I still continue to use it as it heals dry lips and protects them. And it looks as if I am wearing lip gloss!

thanks for the responses! I think I'll try softlips first since it's the cheapest and if that doesn't work I'm going with aquaphor, kiehl's or mary kay

alba botanicals! either the coconut cream or the pineapple quench. i have chronically dry lips and have tried everything under the sun. alba lip balms are the only ones that leave me truly hydrated.

I second kiehls & aquaphor...they're like super vaseline. I prefer kiehl's for daytime, just cuz it has spf. An spf can really help lips from getting dry.

*adds another vote for Burt's Bees*

I use their Replenishing Lip Balm with pomegranate oil the most often because it makes my lips sooo soft and kind of glossy, but I also have the original Burt's Beeswax lip balm (which has a delightful minty tingle, thanks to peppermint oil), and the Honey lip balm (which smells delicious). I also use their Lip Shimmers in Fig and in Radiance.

I feel overwhelmed with choices now lol

I think I'm going with aquaphor! It's cheaper than I thought it would be, probably easy to find and I love Eucerin products. Thanks again for the replies, feel free to keep listing your favs!

Im for good old Vaseline, you can buy it in tube form although sometimes I feel like the jar form works better but the tube form is best for in your purse. I have softlips and burts bees as well, alhtough both the ones I have must have menthol or something in them and I dont like that cool feeling every time I want to moisten my lips, idk maybe theres other kinds without the cool feeling. I also have that MK satin lips, its nice, too spendy though.

I use jojoba oil for my lips! It works great. I also exfoliate with my toothbrush very gently on occasion.

I also use vaseline. I made my own lipgloss using it. Put it in a little container, mix it with some loose blush (i have a bunch of mineral blush), microwave for like 20 seconds, mix again, let cool and voila!! - lip color that won't dry out your lips (plus, it matches your blush perfectly)!

I know I posted this else where before. But here goes...

I loooove Laura Mercier's Lip Silk its $20 pretty expensive but it exfoliates your lips and makes it silky smooth over night.

If you're on a budget: Carmex, Burt's Bees

burts bees anything!

I agree to both recommendations. But I add: Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm. It smells kind of funky, and tastes odd, but I bought it two days ago, and my lips are already feeling much softer.

I started using this while on Accutane and it worked great. Now that I'm off I still continue to use it as it heals dry lips and protects them. And it looks as if I am wearing lip gloss!

I have a question. Are your lips still really dry from Accutane? Did you mean the dryness never went away, even after the course?