Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zero

Do I have to use sunscreen??????

Right now I am not using any sunscreen at all....I am almost totaly clear and im afraid if I use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it, I will break out....

I hardly ever go outside cause im in school all day...the only time I am exposed to sunlight is when I am waiting for the bus,riding the bus home,and walking home from the bus...and the walk isnt really all that long...its like 3-5mins... I am in the house basically all the time...And the only time when I leave the house to go outside is at dawn because it is cooler outside..... So do I reallly realllly reallllllly have to use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it and take the risk of breaking out....Or can I go on and use the moisturizer I am currently using that has NO SPF....??

The moisturizer I use is Eurcerin Original for dry sensitive skin....

Right now I am not using any sunscreen at all....I am almost totaly clear and im afraid if I use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it, I will break out....

I hardly ever go outside cause im in school all day...the only time I am exposed to sunlight is when I am waiting for the bus,riding the bus home,and walking home from the bus...and the walk isnt really all that long...its like 3-5mins... I am in the house basically all the time...And the only time when I leave the house to go outside is at dawn because it is cooler outside.....  So do I reallly realllly reallllllly have to use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it and take the risk of breaking out....Or can I go on and use the moisturizer I am currently using that has NO SPF....??

The moisturizer I use is Eurcerin Original for dry sensitive skin....

I never used sunscreen while using proactiv products... and get a tan during the summer... Never noticed any problems...

well it is up to you - no one is gonna spank you if you don't biggrin.gif

[-X But remember most dermatologists agree that using a sunscreen is the single most beneficial thing you can do for your skin longterm. If you know eucerin works for you you could just make a minor shift to one of their products containing spf.

But....the thing is....will not using sunscreen cause breakouts if you are not in the sun hardly ever....I get exposed to the sun for over an hour ever once in a while...like maybe once or twice in a month....

I will experiment with SPF moisturizers during summer vacation when school is out........BUT do I need to start trying to find a moisturizer that has SPF like right now....if I dont will that make my zitless face go away and become one that has tons of zits.....The reason why I am worried is because its spring and the sun is stronger now......... #-o

there are moiturisers with suncreens available for all skin types including acne prone. If you are worried just apply to a small area on your face for several weeks and see how things go.

thnx.....but......I really dont want to try any new moisturizers till school is out..... I just want to know if a moisturizer with SPF is a abolute must....Cant it wait like 2 months????? or is that too long??~~~~ ](*,)

(I know im getting annoying :-# )

I use Rachel Perry's SPF 15 moisturizer. It's the only SPF moisturizer (except for department store brands) I've been able to stand of all the ones I've tried. It doesn't feel greasy or burn my eyes, and sinks in quickly. If it's available near you and you don't mind the price (it's $13/4oz at my grocery store), I'd recommend trying it. It also has a nice smell.

Depending on your location, waiting 'til summer isn't a big deal.