Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucky-Number-13

> When I use products my face looks "glazed"

Does this happen to everyone?

I use 10% BP and whenever I rinse off and my face dries it's like I have a glaze on my face.

In the morning when I head out I always have to wipe it away with a towel.

What the pickle kumquat?

I don't know what the pickle kumquat is (unless it's a really new way of saying "What's the deal-io?) ;) but -

Are you using a BP wash or a BP cream? (A wash is to be washed off, a cream is to be left on your skin to be fully absorbed)

Are you using a moisturizer?

And how much of the BP are you using and how many times a day?

I don't know what the pickle kumquat is (unless it's a really new way of saying "What's the deal-io?) ;) but -

Are you using a BP wash or a BP cream? (A wash is to be washed off, a cream is to be left on your skin to be fully absorbed)

It's a wash.

I don't use moisturizer.

It's like when I put anything on my face, it makes my shine.

Perhaps you should try a BP cream - BP as a wash generally doesn't allow the medication to really sink in (BP is a naturual drying agent, so that could really help with your oiliness!) before it's rinsed off. You might have naturually oily skin, so the rinse isn't doing much.

Dan has a page and a video talking about how to apply BP creams properly. http://www.acne.org/regimen-instructions.html

(middle of the page)

The video talks about using BP with his regimen, but you can use BP without his particular regimen if you'd like, and you can get BP creams over the counter. (Neutrogena On the Spot).

It's a wash.

I don't use moisturizer.

It's like when I put anything on my face, it makes my shine.

Something like this?

So you think a cream would work better than a wash?

Yeah, I'd suggest using a 2.5% bp gel at night after you wash your face. You can then see how your acne responds and work your way up to twice a day, but you may only have to use it once. That way, in the morning you can just wash your face with a non medicated face wash and use an spf if going outside. That should reduce your oily problem. My guess is its from your face wash, its leaving a "film" on your skin.

Yeah, I'd suggest using a 2.5% bp gel at night after you wash your face. You can then see how your acne responds and work your way up to twice a day, but you may only have to use it once. That way, in the morning you can just wash your face with a non medicated face wash and use an spf if going outside. That should reduce your oily problem. My guess is its from your face wash, its leaving a "film" on your skin.

I was on prescription 2.5% and it hardly helped.

I want to go for something like 5 or more likely 10%.