Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chimchim765

How do people feel about obese people?

If we have acne it's not our fault but almost all people who are fat it's their fault so fat people unless they have health problems related to that should not get any sympathy. I do about 15 hours of sports weekly , I eat well with no drugs & no alcohol but I have fuck*ng acne even if I life a 100% healthy lifestyle it's not fair isn't it ? On the other hand most people who are fat without acne are cowards because they could live very well in their skin but they decide not to exercise like lazy cowards and eat junk all day long that's pathetic. Most fat people have a chance to correct their situation well while some people with acne not. Fat people should wake up and realize the chance they could have if they were not lazy cowards for the most.

Wow, so judgmental. Good for you for living a healthy lifestyle. How great that you aren't fat. However, don't assume that just because YOU don't have problems staying thin, that all fat people are "lazy cowards" and "eat junk all day long."

You're just like the people who see a pimpled face and say, "How lazy of them, they must never wash their face. You'd think they'd at least go see a dermatologist or SOMETHING."

No I'm not the guy who say bad things to someone who has a pimpled face because I know it's not his fault. But the guy who is fat odds are it's his fault because he does not exercise and probably eat a lot of junk. Look at people in the USA for example most people there are overweight because they are lazy , do not exercise and eat fastfood most of the time that's their fault. I'm not judging fat people but they have to admit that for most of them it's their fault if they are in the position they are. It's mostly the same thing for ectomorphs who eat junk all the time even if they are thin they are not healthy. Also I am not saying all fat people are lazy cowards just most no one can deny that. I admire fat people who really bust their ass and work hard to try to correct their situation though but they are rare. If I was fat without acne I would bust my ass and realize the chance I have.

I have kinda opposite problem, I am too thin and pretty much go with "have to eat" attitude. I am just not hungry enough. To top it off I have high metabolism. I really dont understand how the fat people get so fat - I just cant get it, no matter what I would try I cant get even close to beign fat. It is probably the same way for them. xcept opposite. But I have to say that how you are raised (in the eating department) has probably huge effect in this.

(BTW I doubt the toxin thing is at all true, cause bodies dont store toxins - and even if they do that certanly wouldnt cause fatness, however fat people do get more minerals and vitamins - fat doesnt really need much vitamins or minerals to sustain itself so fat people overall get more of those).

This thread is really disappointing to me. Just lots of ignorant people with variants of, "I'm not fat, so I don't understand why other people are fat. They must be lazy pigs and they disgust me."

So ignorant, so bigoted. I think you're all hypocrites. You want people to accept you despite your flawed skin, but then you proceed to judge others and you make assumptions about other people who don't look like you.

I grew up with people telling me I was too skinny, too bony, repulsive, disgusting, and anorexic. Complete strangers would tell me how disgusting they thought I was, and that I should go eat some food. It was horrible that people thought they had the right to judge my body and tell me exactly what they thought about it. MY body. It was none of their business.

So I sympathize with my fat sisters. I know what it's like to hate your body, to have people judge you, and it makes me angry. It took me a long time to realize that my body is beautiful, and I regret all the years I spent hating myself and hiding my body.

We come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes, and that is okay. If you want people to accept you for the way you look, you need to start doing the same for others.

Do you even realize how awful it is to be a fat person in our society? Most fat people desperately try to lose weight because they face this kind of intolerance and hatred every day. They can't get dates, they can't even get JOBS sometimes because our society is so intolerant of fatties. You're out of your mind if you think most fat people don't care about being fat and don't try to lose weight.

I read a fat acceptance blog at http://www.kateharding.net. The Fat Experience Project is also interesting. Some of you could benefit from checking them out.

you guys are trying to reduce both obesity and acne to a simple cause: personal choice, genes, metabolism, etc...

in real life, people are shaped by many forces at once. a person's genetics and childhood diet and upbringing get them started on the path to obesity, and their weight is further compounded by misinformation, social pressures, emotional issues, advertising, health, family, career, and other factors.

This thread is really disappointing to me. Just lots of ignorant people with variants of, "I'm not fat, so I don't understand why other people are fat. They must be lazy pigs and they disgust me."

So ignorant, so bigoted. I think you're all hypocrites. You want people to accept you despite your flawed skin, but then you proceed to judge others and you make assumptions about other people who don't look like you.

We come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes, and that is okay. If you want people to accept you for the way you look, you need to start doing the same for others.

Do you even realize how awful it is to be a fat person in our society? Most fat people desperately try to lose weight because they face this kind of intolerance and hatred every day. They can't get dates, they can't even get JOBS sometimes because our society is so intolerant of fatties. You're out of your mind if you think most fat people don't care about being fat and don't try to lose weight.

I'm one skinny dude and I couldn't have said it better. Ridicolous how ignorant people can be on such a message board.

I grew up with people telling me I was too skinny, too bony, repulsive, disgusting, and anorexic. Complete strangers would tell me how disgusting they thought I was, and that I should go eat some food. It was horrible that people thought they had the right to judge my body and tell me exactly what they thought about it. MY body. It was none of their business.

So I sympathize with my fat sisters. I know what it's like to hate your body, to have people judge you, and it makes me angry. It took me a long time to realize that my body is beautiful, and I regret all the years I spent hating myself and hiding my body.

I read a fat acceptance blog at http://www.kateharding.net. The Fat Experience Project is also interesting. Some of you could benefit from checking them out.

I third your opinion. It is disappointing to see how so many people who suffer daily with imperfection and poor body image can be so judgmental of other people who struggle with the same things. Sure their condition might be easier to overcome and it might be more common and more tolerated, but none of us have the right to insult these people. I had thought that having acne had shown many of us how superficial looks are and that there is more to a person than their appearance. I hope that is still true for most of us.

Great post, but I feel that website goes to the other extreme. Accepting obesity is not a healthy attitude either. Compassion & support is great, as is the realization that thin doesn't equal healthy & large doesn't equal unhealthy. People do come in a wide range of shapes & sizes that are healthy; and there are many obstacles in our society to keeping healthy, so it's not "easy".

However, that website goes so far as to bash thin people and promote being fat, no matter the cause of being fat or thin. It twists statistics and "facts".

When's the last time you met an obese person who grew up being very active & eating healthy, & continues to get a lot of exercise and eat well on average?

Why is it that in places where the average lifestyle means healthier food & more physical activity than people in the US, there are lower rates of obesity? This site likes to leave out a lot of information that doesn't promote its agenda....to me, it's almost as bad as pro-anorexic sites.

I feel the same way about them as I do everyone else. Some obese people are really nice, and some are really mean. Its not any different from anyone else. Just because they look different doesnt mean people should pick on them, you know? No matter who you are or what you look like, insults hurt. Its the same if someone calls you a name or insult. You feel like shit. Thats how they feel. I myself used to have a weight problem and had a small eating disorder for a while because of what people were saying about me. Comments like what some people are saying here really hurt people; maybe in a way you cant grasp.

Its no different.

But hey, thats just me.;)

Haven't read the read up and down, but I can't remember too many saying they were "repulsed" by fat people. I both agree and disagree with you. First of all, we come in different shapes and colours, but while we can't change the latter (well, almost Mr. Jackson), we CAN change our shape.

Secondly, the only connection between acne and overweight is that they both make you uglier, to be straight forward. You can't compare acne to being overweight. Fat you can get rid of, the same way as ANYONE else. Bad skin isn't "voluntary" (yeah, bad choice of word), and you can't really do anything else but wish that accutane works for you. I don't need people to accept me and my skin, I don't need them to not feel repulsed by me. Honestly, it's their problem. I could make it my problem, but that would be downright stupid.

Three. I KNOW that most fat people don't like to be fat, if not every single one of them. That doesn't change the FACT that they can all do something about it. I had a friend who came to me in august last year, asking me about dieting and training. He was then 240lbs and around 5'6-5'7. I met him last weekend, and I couldn't even recognize the guy. He's now about 155lbs, and looks perfectly healthy. Is he better than you? Your sisters? Mentally stronger? More determined? Hated his body more than they do? I seriously doubt it. Even though his dedication the last 10 months has been legendary, he's physically not different than anyone else. He is - as so many else - living proof that if you really dedicate and push yourself, you can do whatever you want to your body. I could also add that I don't look at him differently in any kind of way. He's still a damn good guy, only less self-concious about his body.

Well, there you have it. The reasons to why I don't buy into the "you should feel sorry for fat people and "accept them" rather than feel repulsed by them and judgemental towards them"-thing. While they aren't always responsible for their own weight problems, they are responsible for not doing anything about it. I respect that some fat people aren't that obsessed about changing their bodies. What I don't respect is fat people complaining about being fat, when it's so god damn easy to solve the problem.

And before anyone even thinks about throwing in the argument: of course this doesn't apply to people with diseases and other factors making it much harder - if not impossible - to lose weight.

Lots of fat people have to go through trial and error in losing weight; different things work for different people. You cant really lose weight the way anyone else does. =/

250208 or whoever you are...

I dont think you understand the problem with fat people. It is a lot easier to lose weight if you have some support doing it... on the other hand if everyone just picks on you, you will eventually probably give up. The problem is often they decide to do something about it and lose weight. After going on certain amount of time they relize they dont gain any resoults anymore and then chances are they are gonna crack at some point and continue eatng like normal and gain the weight back, feeling really depressed which further incerses the gains. For someone who has been normal weight all his/her life it is just impossible to understand fatness at all. Of course every now and then someone sucseeds in losing weight - exspecaily if you have good genes it isnt that impossible(or at least so I would think).

Anyway if you ever get kids dont ever let them even get fat - chances are that after being normal for the 10 first years of your life you are not going to ever get fat - however if you eat too much for the 10 first years you are probably going to have problems with weight for the rest of your life. Genes play a role in metabolism and appetite so some people of course get fat more easily and some dont get fat at all (like me).

This is just my own theory.

250208 or whoever you are...

I dont think you understand the problem with fat people. It is a lot easier to lose weight if you have some support doing it... on the other hand if everyone just picks on you, you will eventually probably give up. The problem is often they decide to do something about it and lose weight. After going on certain amount of time they relize they dont gain any resoults anymore and then chances are they are gonna crack at some point and continue eatng like normal and gain the weight back, feeling really depressed which further incerses the gains. For someone who has been normal weight all his/her life it is just impossible to understand fatness at all. Of course every now and then someone sucseeds in losing weight - exspecaily if you have good genes it isnt that impossible(or at least so I would think).

Anyway if you ever get kids dont ever let them even get fat - chances are that after being normal for the 10 first years of your life you are not going to ever get fat - however if you eat too much for the 10 first years you are probably going to have problems with weight for the rest of your life. Genes play a role in metabolism and appetite so some people of course get fat more easily and some dont get fat at all (like me).

This is just my own theory.

asdasdasdasdasd or whoever you are.

If they can't lose weight, it's not due to genetics. It's mainly due to lack of dedication, and in some cases due to lack of knowledge. Of course genetics play a role, but it's not an excuse. You obviously know just as little about the actual process of losing weight, as I know about the mental state of fat people. I do know, though, how it's like to be picked on from the age of 10 -> 16 because you're smaller and weaker than anyone else, and I do know how mentally exhausting it is to get a gym membership and start eating properly. Gaining weight is physically harder than losing weight, but I doubt it's tougher mentally. If you run half an hour with proper intensity every week and eat properly 6-7 days a week, you can not avoid losing weight. Fact. Simple as that.

Everything is easier with support, but nothing is impossible without support.

I mostly agree with your second paragraph, though I know shitloads of people who blew up after the age of 10, of different reasons.

One thing that people don't seem to get on this board is that while one who is of a normal weight can say "Just run for 30 minutes with proper intensity on a regular basis," that's not necessarily easy for people who are obese. Some people's bodies cannot handle that level of stress and need to start out at a much lower intensity. I have one friend who is to the point where she has no clue what sort of exercise she can do because she injures herself regularly while trying to exercise due to her weight. She is vigilant about her diet, but will not see results until she exercises.

I think a lot of obese people are in her situation. Most insurance companies will not cover supervised weight loss plans, much less personal training, so while people may want to lose weight, they do not know where or how to start the process. A lot of workplaces are stepping in and offering incentives for people to have better lifestyles like free gym memberships and incentives for losing weight, but we still aren't to the point yet where people with lower incomes have the access to resources and the support they need to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Obesity is all about the power of will.

Acne is not.

'nuff said

Acne is not.

'nuff said

Well to all those people that are saying that obesity is obese people's own fault and acne is not. There is now studies that link high glycemic index diets to acne and that eating a steady low GI over a period of months can significantly help acne. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...acne.html?cat=5. So maybe for some of us, just like some obese people, we have been the culprits in our own misfortune. I'm not trying to blame anybody by the way.

Acne is not.

'nuff said

Well to all those people that are saying that obesity is obese people's own fault and acne is not. There is now studies that link high glycemic index diets to acne and that eating a steady low GI over a period of months can significantly help acne. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...acne.html?cat=5. So maybe for some of us, just like some obese people, we have been the culprits in our own misfortune. I'm not trying to blame anybody by the way.

Well you can't clear teen acne hollistically because they're a result of imbalanced hormones.

It's genetically inherited, basically a mutation which did occur in the Indo-European tribes, also known as the Caucasian racial group.

Yeah, in the core of it, acne is due to genetics. Diet can be a part that adds to the problem, but its not going to make the biggest difference.

One thing that people don't seem to get on this board is that while one who is of a normal weight can say "Just run for 30 minutes with proper intensity on a regular basis," that's not necessarily easy for people who are obese. Some people's bodies cannot handle that level of stress and need to start out at a much lower intensity. I have one friend who is to the point where she has no clue what sort of exercise she can do because she injures herself regularly while trying to exercise due to her weight. She is vigilant about her diet, but will not see results until she exercises.

I think a lot of obese people are in her situation. Most insurance companies will not cover supervised weight loss plans, much less personal training, so while people may want to lose weight, they do not know where or how to start the process. A lot of workplaces are stepping in and offering incentives for people to have better lifestyles like free gym memberships and incentives for losing weight, but we still aren't to the point yet where people with lower incomes have the access to resources and the support they need to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Well, you won't advice a newbie weightlifter to start out lifting 200lbs bench press either. This is where knowledge comes in. If you have access to the internet, you have access to the recources you need to gain/maintain a healthy lifestyle. After that, your only enemy is you.

Wow, some of these replies are incredibly ignorant, and maybe I should not waste my time or stress over replying to each one... but I feel like someone has to say something. I realize it's hard for everyone to agree, but here are my opinions and just like you gave yours I am now giving mine.

-Back to the topic, obese people I am disgusted by only if they are crying about their weight and that they can't lose weight but they don't even try to lose it and just shove a box of dozen donuts down their throat.

Or people that go from 300 lb. obesity, lose 50 lbs., and think that they're fitness models for losing that much but are still severely overweight.

But in general, it doesn't bother me. As long as I'm not obese, I don't care.

Here's the thing, a lot of overweight do try to lose weight, but simply can't or have an extremely hard time doing so. Ever heard of a thing called OA? Overeaters Anonymous. Just like someone can get addicted to alcohol or smoking, they can be addicted to food. Some people simply comfort themselves with it, or sometimes is goes beyond that.

As far as losing 50lbs, that is a HUGE accomplishment. Obviously the person has issues with food if they are 300lbs in the first place- not every obese person is just "fat and lazy." I bet if a percentage of your acne cleared up, you'd feel pretty good about yourself too.

-I feel bad for them and really sympathize with them, although when I see an obese person buying McDonald's, I feel less sympathetic because it shows they are not trying. I can understand that trying to lose weight for some is just as much of a challenge is for us to try to lose acne. I think they have something wrong with their bodies in a sense of chemical imbalance, same with acne sufferers. I don't feel pity for some chubby people who are just LAZY, losing weight for obese person is by far more difficult than a chubby person!

Oh yea, to add, I think overweightness is more acceptable in our society than acne.

Seriously? You think being overweight is more acceptable than having acne? How many overweight people do you see in "hit" shows, especially the ones that target younger audiences such as Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, etc. The same goes for girls with acne, you don't see that much on TV. Also, I just want to remind you that just because an obese person is standing in line at a fast food place such as McDonalds, doesn't mean they are about to order 5 double cheeseburgers. Isn't it possible that they are ordering one of the healthier alternatives? Don't you think that you are judging them, just the same as if someone was judging you and thinking you need to wash your face more or be a cleaner person? That's not fair.

-I don't feel sorry for obese people on account of it's usually due to their eating habits etc and i don't know how someone could get so big i eat tons take 3 types of supplements and don't get fat because i work hard and exercise all the time but i believe acne is worse since it is so hard to get rid of etc

If you think an overweight person doesn't have to struggle to lose weight, you are terribly wrong.

-The most clear example of this can be seen with people who are overweight. When was the last time you saw an overweight person with acne? The answer is that there are very few overweight people with acne. Overweight people are often known for their very smooth skin. What does this show? It shows that certain types of people deal with wrong eating in different ways. One group of people deals with it by storing the toxic waste (Fat). The other type of person has the toxins come out through their skin (Acne). Since the toxins are coming out your skin, the body does not get fat. It is just a different way of dealing with the toxins.

I've seen overweight women and men with acne. You're logic is ridiculous.

-Diet pills and diet sodas won't do yatta. All that matters is what you eat and in how much you eat. Obese people eat a hell of alot more food everyday, than a skinny person.

Seriously? I had a friend who was the size of a toothpick and ate ALL DAY LONG, and on junk, high calorie foods. It didn't bother her waistline one bit.

-I feel sad for people who let themselves go like that.

Some people can not keep their weight down due to MEDICAL REASONS...or they are simply raised with bad habits and do not know better, and by time they do learn their eating habits are bad, it is sometimes too late and very difficult to get off that kind of poor diet.

-Getting to a healthy weight for an obese person can take years - just like getting clear can.

I've been dealing with acne for 16 years. I'm not clear today. That doesn't mean I'm not working very hard. The same could be said for bigger folks, too.

I couldn't agree more!

-I'd rather be overweight than have acne. At least there's a simple way to get rid of it.

Wrong, if it were "simple" there would be a lot less overweight people.

I just want to add my personal feelings on this, I think everyone struggles with one or more problems with their bodies, skin, etc. I think it's unfair to judge anyone, because you don't know the circumstances. If you do not wish to be judged, then don't do it to others. Remember that the grass only LOOKS greener on the other side.

ok here's the thing --

as a skinny person, it's very easy to say "If you are obese, you must be lazy. All you have to do is google obesity and look at all these exercise/diet tips that come up! thousands and thousands of pages! How could ANYONE stay obese if it is this straightforward to lose weight?"

now imagine a clear-skinned person. he says, "If you have acne, you must be lazy. All you have to do is google acne and look at all these products/tips/diets! how could ANYONE have acne unless they stuff their face with greasy pizza, never wash their face, and dont bother to use any sort of medicine? it's so simple.." and sure enough there are websites like "5 steps to cure acne!" and its like 1. wash your face. 2. dont pick. etc... as if doing that just made it all go away and having acne means we are doing something wrong or dont know how to take care of ourselves. (we know better.)

have any of you tried changing your diet to help acne? lord knows i have; every week on the Holistic board there's a new trend: no sugar, no grains, more green tea, less green tea, less fat, more fat... and here's the thing: dieting is hard. it doesnt matter if you are trying to diet to lose weight or to help your acne. anyone who has tried cutting back on something such as sugar or fat (for whatever reason) knows this.

a clear-skinned person could easily say "obviously you don't really want to cure your acne and just like to complain about it, since if you ate right your acne would be gone."

it's not that simple, obviously. there are very complex interactions between what you eat and what effect it has on your body.

like I said IMO the biggest problem is that it takes a long time - enough time to at some point say "screw it". that being said, just eating a bit less and moving a bit more goes a long way over time.

However if its true that america has 30% of population fat people - no on whos fat probably even cares, cause its so normal or born to be that way. It is lousy that it ever got that big though ( even though I think it cant be that high). Here in europe all my friends are underweight or normal everyone in my school too. Pretty much everyone tries to gain weight inluding some older people.

Then again I heard that there are some places in america where one meal consists 3000 Kcal, that for sure makes anyone fat.

ok here's the thing --

as a skinny person, it's very easy to say "If you are obese, you must be lazy. All you have to do is google obesity and look at all these exercise/diet tips that come up! thousands and thousands of pages! How could ANYONE stay obese if it is this straightforward to lose weight?"

now imagine a clear-skinned person. he says, "If you have acne, you must be lazy. All you have to do is google acne and look at all these products/tips/diets! how could ANYONE have acne unless they stuff their face with greasy pizza, never wash their face, and dont bother to use any sort of medicine? it's so simple.." and sure enough there are websites like "5 steps to cure acne!" and its like 1. wash your face. 2. dont pick. etc... as if doing that just made it all go away and having acne means we are doing something wrong or dont know how to take care of ourselves. (we know better.)

have any of you tried changing your diet to help acne? lord knows i have; every week on the Holistic board there's a new trend: no sugar, no grains, more green tea, less green tea, less fat, more fat... and here's the thing: dieting is hard. it doesnt matter if you are trying to diet to lose weight or to help your acne. anyone who has tried cutting back on something such as sugar or fat (for whatever reason) knows this.

a clear-skinned person could easily say "obviously you don't really want to cure your acne and just like to complain about it, since if you ate right your acne would be gone."

it's not that simple, obviously. there are very complex interactions between what you eat and what effect it has on your body.

Ok, first of all. Stop comparing acne-sufferers to obese people. There's no connection between the two.

Secondly, changing your diet and lifestyle is OF COURSE hard. Noone has said otherwise. Gaining the knowledge you need is easy. Using it is hard. But that doesn't change the fact that anyone can lose their weight if they dedicate themselves enough. End of discussion, really.

I was obese so I guess I don't really know how I would feel towards them even though I know people that are I never really thought about how I felt towards them. However I can say when I used to be obese it was not funny. Everyone called me fat this fat that. Oddly no one tried to tell me how I should become healthy all they did was make fun of me instead of actually trying to help me. Slowly I started shedding the pounds and when I started eating healthier and running like crazy last year I slimmed down. Now I truly believe if I had done it sooner or if people helped me instead of tried to make me feel shitty I'd be happier and healthier sooner. Which is sad to say but a deep regret of mine.

What I feel about obese people now is that at least it's not as bad as acne. I was once obese and I changed it. At least you can loose the fat and be healthy, but for me acne is not something you can change. You have it but unless your lucky you'll probably have it for a long time. Plus having stretch marks is much better than scars on your face. You can't see stretch marks all that well. But they both have one thing in common it's better to treat it earlier than later or you'll regret it.

Ok, first of all. Stop comparing acne-sufferers to obese people. There's no connection between the two.

THANK YOU.

I am getting tired of this, as well.

Look, I've walked in both worlds in terms of being overweight and suffering from acne.

When I was depressed in high school, I gained about 20-30 lbs over the course of one summer. I lost ALL of that weight (and then some!) in about 6 months. All I did was exercise a couple times a week and cut out all simple carbohydrates. Hell, I didn't even miss the carbs, since I ate loads of sugar-free candy to kill my sweet tooth. Now I just make healthier choices without even thinking about it.

What I'm trying to say is that it wasn't THAT hard.

Now, granted, I understand that some people have thyroid disorders or eating disorders and the people that are overweight for those reasons are different.

The fact is, though, that most overweight people just need to learn a little self-discipline.

Acne, on the other hand, is a different matter entirely.

Everyone's acne is caused by something different.

Everyone's acne is cured by something different.

Hell, in some cases, one's person cause IS another person's cure. There are so many factors from diet to hormones to genes to environment to tap water that can affect a person's skin negatively or positively.

Also, for some unknown reason, people seem to think it's okay to offer unsolicited skin advice for those who have acne such as "You know, my daughter used _____ and it cleared her right up! You should try it!"

It would never be socially acceptable to go up to a fat person and "politely" give them diet advice or exercise tips.

I sympathize with overweight people, because I've been there, but you really can't deny that it is more socially acceptable to be overweight than it is to have acne.

Beckham Girl,

^^^^

I scanned through your post, and it seems that you've made a few mistakes.

Number 1 -> Obesity isn't ugly like acne is. Only extreme obesity can be. I've got an obese friend and it doesn't bother him, as long as his weight doesn't increase. Also, when you talk to people they tend to look at you in your face, in your eyes, not your belly or legs. And obese men are somehow more socially acceptable than obese women.

Number 2 -> Obesity CAN be cured. It depends on the power of will, and when the power of will doesn't work, there will always be medical methods to do so. Such as liposuction, special diets, and other which I won't talk about because I don't have a "Medicinae Doctor" diploma hanging on my wall. Naturally, there will always exist severe cases of obesity which cannot be cured, but that percent is smaller than the one of acne sufferers who suffer from severe scarring even after their disease is gone.

Number 3 -> Obesity is a Western Society disease. Unlike acne. Acne is a mutation which did occur in Indo-European tribes some time ago, and there's nothing we can do about it (except Accutane, which is used only in extreme cases of acne, and is a double-edged sword).

Face it. Most of the people would rather accept an obese person than one with his face covered with red volcano-like growths. Just check the TV, I bet you'll see more obese people than those with acne.

Making fun of obese people is bad, like every other thing but sometimes they do it to themselves, perhaps to motivate the "healing" process?