Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chimchim765

How do people feel about obese people?

How do people feel about obese people? Do you feel replused by obese people? I was thinking about this topic because no one I know my age really has acne like I do and I was everytime I try to make sense how about how to feel about my condition I reason that there are probably alot mid 20s obese people that feel just as bad as there appearance. I kind of consider obese people like my brothers and sisters in that they have a condition that is replusive to society too. By the way, I'm not obese and actually have a 6 foot tall slim body type with some decent muscle mass, but obivously since I'm posting on this site I have some very bad acne lesions. The point is that I think obese people can relate to us acne sufferes in the emotional ascept because of the fact that their aesthetic disorder leads the same kind of social stigma.

Agreed, Chimchim.

I'm going to say something here.

IF this thread turns into a fat-bashing thread, or if someone begins to spew out a hateful litany of why fat people are the scum of society, there will be warnings issued. I've seen too many threads like this go downhill into absolute cruelty. I will not have it.

For the rest of those who choose to post in this thread, please remember that.

How do people feel about obese people? Do you feel replused by obese people? I was thinking about this topic because no one I know my age really has acne like I do and I was everytime I try to make sense how about how to feel about my condition I reason that there are probably alot mid 20s obese people that feel just as bad as there appearance. I kind of consider obese people like my brothers and sisters in that they have a condition that is replusive to society too. By the way, I'm not obese and actually have a 6 foot tall slim body type with some decent muscle mass, but obivously since I'm posting on this sight I have some very bad acne lesions. The point is that I think obese people can relate to us acne sufferes in the emotional ascept because of the fact that their aesthetic disorder leads the same kind of social stigma.

I don't hate obese people enough as I hate people that spell incorrectly.

Back to the topic, obese people I am disgusted by only if they are crying about their weight and that they can't lose weight but they don't even try to lose it and just shove a box of dozen donuts down their throat.

Or people that go from 300 lb. obesity, lose 50 lbs., and think that they're fitness models for losing that much but are still severely overweight.

But in general, it doesn't bother me. As long as I'm not obese, I don't care.

I have an obese mother and sister. I am, on the other hand, 5'8", slim and slender...with a jacked up face (Thanks DAD!). I don't like to admit it, but I am at times repulsed by obese people, but in a way I feel connected to them, like fellow members of a "social reject" group. My sister is the ONLY person who understands how I can be so insecure with my looks b/c she has her own insecurities about her weight. But the truth is, I'd trade her shoes ANY day.

Obese people tend to have great sense of humours, i know thats a stereotype their but big people tend to be less serious and more comfortable to be around, I knwo thats oudns stupid but most of my friends are quite big but thats down to their own choice, they enjoy life and quite frankly don't give a shit of how people percieve them, i know this isn't the case for all obese people.

I guess to be honest I tend to look at obese people the way the rest of society looks at us: "if they are overweight and have a problem with it, why don't they do something about it??" The thing is, you don't know whether or not they are trying to do something or not. They might be trying just as hard as we are about our acne, although I tend to think that obesity is a lot easier and more surefire of a thing to cure than acne. I don't look down on them at all, and I don't judge them, I just wonder if they have a problem with their problem.

I try to squander the impulse of thinking that they should just DO something about their weight problems. In the back of my mind I am annoyed because I feel that when they complain about their weight and all that jazz that they should just eat better and exercise...that it is fixable, while my own problem, ACNE, isn't so easily fixed.

I know that that type of thinking is wrong, and for the most part, I don' have it. Personally, I've always been super skinny, and I still am, at 19. I care about my body quite a lot, and exercise everyday...and sometimes I wish I had the problem of shedding a couple extra pounds instead of ridding myself of these shitty blemishes.

So yeah...I don't have a problem with obese people, but occassionally I am disgusted by super obese people. I am afraid of ever getting chubby though. I love my 5'6 113lbs frame. I guess I have a fat phobia, but of getting fat myself. Not of hte people.

I feel bad for them and really sympathize with them, although when I see an obese person buying McDonald's, I feel less sympathetic because it shows they are not trying. I can understand that trying to lose weight for some is just as much of a challenge is for us to try to lose acne. I think they have something wrong with their bodies in a sense of chemical imbalance, same with acne sufferers. I don't feel pity for some chubby people who are just LAZY, losing weight for obese person is by far more difficult than a chubby person!

Oh yea, to add, I think overweightness is more acceptable in our society than acne.

In these times of fuel scarcity, economic recession, and the attendant challenges they bring, I think it's really time that we start seriously answering the Fat Question, and the only logical answer is a Final Fat Solution: we must round up the obese, the pudgy, the corpulent, the portly, or the just plain fucking fat motherfuckers, euthanize them, and for the first time in recorded human history make the obese carry their own weight by rendering their piles of redundant, jiggling flesh into oil. Gas prices would go down, scam diets would be a thing of the past, and my beautiful blue eyes would no longer be subjected to the sight of the obese.

Honestly, I barely even notice someone's obesity if they are a nice person and have a nice looking face.

One of my best friends used to have a serious weight problem, and my mother still does, but I think both of them are beautiful no matter how much they weigh, because they carry their weight well and they have lovely souls.

However, if someone is even just slightly overweight and also happens to be a totally heinous, evil bitch, then "fatass" is one of the first insults I'll hurl their way.

For some reason, fat is more noticeable if you're an asshole. Just look at Cartman.

Also, as PrznKing already said, I do get very frustrated and annoyed with people who complain about their weight constantly and yet don't even try to exercise or eat proper portions of food.

I mean, do they think everyone who is skinny is just naturally like that? For most of us, it's a hell of a lot of work and it's every day. I can't feel sorry for people who don't even try.

this is true, overweight/obese ppl are as self concious as acne sufferers.

I do feel I can empathise with them in a way, because of the shared physical insecurity aspect.

Interestingly enough, I came across this interesting site the other day;

Absolute acne info

and heres what it says about the issue:

Why Do I have Acne and my Friends Don't? (Implication: We all eat the same, so Acne Can't Possibly be Caused by Diet!)

This is one of the biggest causes of confusion in the study of acne. Almost everyone who has acne can't help but ask themselves why they have acne and their friends don't. Especially when all of your friends have perfect, clear skin and you do not.

The answer is really quite simple. The answer is that foods affect people differently, in different areas of their body. If someone is eating the Standard American Diet, you can be sure it is affecting them. Every single thing you put into your body affects you. Your body has chosen to eliminate toxins by making them come out of your skin. Your friend's body deals with the toxins differently.

The most clear example of this can be seen with people who are overweight. When was the last time you saw an overweight person with acne? The answer is that there are very few overweight people with acne. Overweight people are often known for their very smooth skin. What does this show? It shows that certain types of people deal with wrong eating in different ways. One group of people deals with it by storing the toxic waste (Fat). The other type of person has the toxins come out through their skin (Acne). Since the toxins are coming out your skin, the body does not get fat. It is just a different way of dealing with the toxins.

So basically to get rid of acne, we can either be super-healthy or put on weight. :wacko:

To those who are down on overweight people for being "lazy" and eating at McDonald's.... I'm wondering just how many of you exercise regularly and eat healthy, and never EVER touch fast food. A very small percentage, I'm willing to bet.

I eat fast food all the time. It's a bad, bad habit and I'm ashamed of it. But I happen to be fortunate in that I have a high metabolism. If I wasn't lucky enough to be born with these genes, I'd be fat just like everyone else. So I try not to judge others for being "lazy" when in fact, I am just as lazy as they are.

I don't feel sorry for obese people on account of it's usually due to their eating habits etc and i don't know how someone could get so big i eat tons take 3 types of supplements and don't get fat because i work hard and exercise all the time but i believe acne is worse since it is so hard to get rid of etc

The most clear example of this can be seen with people who are overweight. When was the last time you saw an overweight person with acne? The answer is that there are very few overweight people with acne. Overweight people are often known for their very smooth skin. What does this show? It shows that certain types of people deal with wrong eating in different ways. One group of people deals with it by storing the toxic waste (Fat). The other type of person has the toxins come out through their skin (Acne). Since the toxins are coming out your skin, the body does not get fat. It is just a different way of dealing with the toxins.

This is so true! All of my overweight friends have ridiculously clear and smooth skin! I, on the other hand, have to watch my diet, apply topicals, take bcp, exercise, drink lots of water, etc... just to keep my skin looking presentable. Even with all I do, they still have clearer skin that I ever will...and they don't even have to try!

Obese people are totally OK as long as they don't complain about it to me. If they are happy about their lives and looks, then I am happy for them. Hey, two of my best friends are obese. I don't feel much symphaty for them, since in 99% of the cases it's their own fault. They have chosen it themselves, by their eating and exercising habits. The only emphaty I can feel is the insecurity factor about looks.

Diet pills and diet sodas won't do yatta. All that matters is what you eat and in how much you eat. Obese people eat a hell of alot more food everyday, than a skinny person.

I hate it when obese people start making comments like: "Oh, you're so skinny. You can it anything/You should eat more. Here, take some more food!" My first thought is always "What? I can't eat anything I like. If I would, I would end up looking like you". Yeah, I never say that out aloud...

The only times I get repulsed is when I see someone obese in hotpants and a very, very tight shirt, or in other, obviously much too tight clothes. They just scream REBELLION and ACCEPTANCE FOR THE OVERWEIGHT, yet it doesn't make sense to me, why they can't just walk around in normal, fitting clothes like the rest of the society. There are goodlooking and complimenting clothes for every bodytype.

Nowadays it feels like 50% of the people I see everyday has some weight issues (meaning, they all feel like they're too fat, are really fat, or struggle with their weight). Most people have some kind of weigt issues in their lives so everyone can relate with them. Acne is only something we suffer from and no one in the world has said acne is beautiful, whereas there are large and consistent campaigns to promote the beauty of overweight people.

One of my major fears is becoming overweight/obese, I don't know why i'm really paranoid about it, I just am so I work out a lot to make sure to stay at a low weight. I don't dislike obese people, I just don't want to ever become overweight. I'll admit in the past I have made fun of overweight people behind their back until I realized many peoples situations and actually thought about it especially after developing pimples. Anyway, I feel really bad for obese people. I mean think about it-it's not like people wake up and decide "yay I want to be obese and face social ostracism!" It can either be a medical problem or an emotional problem or I guess a being "lazy" problem but it's kind of rude to insult someone like that. If you compare an obese person to an anorexic/bulimic person you can see that the underlying emotions are somehow obsessed with food whether starving ones body for an emotional release, overfeeding ones body for comfort, or eating for comfort and then throwing it up to stay skinny and engage in the same cycle over and over again. There is a binge eating disorder called compulsive over eating-eating tons and tons of food and then feeling guilty about it, then eating more to comfort guilt. Obviously that's generalized-there are many reasons for this type of thing and it shouldn't be grouped into such simple explanations, but all 3 share a common ground and obese people should not be judged just because of a problem in the same way people with acne shouldn't be judged just because of something they cannot control. Obviously obesity is easier to control than acne because if one could stop eating junk food and work out then they technically could lose weight (most of the time) but no one except the person knows the problems they face. But I mean really, for example, how about an obese woman who was sexually abused as a child and then overfeeds herself for comfort an safety net? Is her problem controllable without extensive therapy? I don't think all obese people should be put under one branch-I agree that people who are simply lazy and honestly could lose weight but don't make an effort shouldn't be whining about their looks when shoving fast food down their throats, but I don't think it's fair to judge others based on something like that. Imagine if someone said "ohh because you eat sugar once in a while, have not taken accutane, and do not take the correct vitamins you have acne so you can cure it, but you're too lazy". I know how i'd feel if someone said that to me and judged me because I have pimples. The only time I ever get annoyed by obese people is when they say bad things about being skinny like "ohh eat a burger" or whatever. That's kind of annoying. Anyway, I can;t imagine how i'd feel if people judged me as being unclean/unhealthy, etc. for having acne in the same way obese people are looked upon as gluttonous pigs by many people. this is a really long ramble...i hope I made sense.

Might sound cruel, but if someone is obese simply through no exercise and poor eating, I have no sympathy for them. Especially if they are not trying to lose the weight. I don't think it is fair to compare it to acne, because it is often simply a lifestyle choice, one which is killing them.

I wouldn't dislike someone just because of this, I would just hold no sympathy for the fact they are obese. I certainly wouldn't insult them for it though.

my best friend from high school used to be morbidly obese. when he got kicked off a roller coaster because the bar couldn't close over him, he decided to change his life. it was very difficult, took many years, required a complete change in his eating and exercise habits, and still requires constant work every day to maintain. but the result was so dramatic that when i went to visit him in college after he lost most of his weight, i walked right by him in the train station because i didn't recognize him.

even though he's pretty normal now, he has told me that he still carries the insecurity of being fat. we hang out all the time, and it's actually pretty ridiculous how self-conscious he still is over a condition that he no longer has. but there's a lesson in this for people who suffer from acne and people who struggle with weight: the psychological effects are oftentimes worse than the reality. having acne won't stop you from doing things, but insecurity will. this guy is crippled by insecurity, even though he has resolved the original source. so for those of you who think that your insecurities will instantly go away when your acne is cleared, you should take heed. you need to work on your self-esteem at the same time that you work on your skin.

Personally, I would never let myself get to that point but it's not my place to judge other people in that negative way. If they're obese it's something they have to deal with, physically and emotionally, and no one has a right to belittle them.

One group of people deals with it by storing the toxic waste (Fat). The other type of person has the toxins come out through their skin (Acne). Since the toxins are coming out your skin, the body does not get fat. It is just a different way of dealing with the toxins.

So basically to get rid of acne, we can either be super-healthy or put on weight. :wacko:

that idea is completely bogus. it's based on a conception of the human body as a simple machine. it's like the idea that eating less cholesterol will lower your cholesterol, an idea which turned out to be wrong and sometimes backwards. the reality is that the oil in your food is not the fat in your body or the oil in your skin. the processes within the body change the foods you eat to fit the body's needs, usually through pathways that actually break down the materials chemically before they even enter your blood stream. your stomach doesn't just pipe oil straight into your face and squirt it out the pores. lol

i've been thin all my life, even underweight by genetics so i can't understand how someone can gain weight so much. therefore i have no room to talk. i just hate when i see them living at fast food places when they know it's not healthy.

i think america is changing a little atleast for the better

i've been thin all my life, even underweight by genetics so i can't understand how someone can gain weight so much. therefore i have no room to talk. i just hate when i see them living at fast food places when they know it's not healthy.

i think america is changing a little atleast for the better

Wtf.