Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Margi3

Having some Problems

Well, I just started the DRK regimen 4 days ago and I'm already experiencing some minor setbacks.

I'll just list the products I'm using for this regimen:

Spectro Jel Cleanser

Spectro AcneCare 2.5% BP

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion

NOW FOOD Jojoba Oil

From previous threads I've read, i recall some users posting that the NHSFL made their face really irritated and red, but it subsided after 2 days or so....and those side effects are to be expected for first-time users.

In terms of the state my face is at right now, its pretty irritated, probably due to the glycolic acid, but i was hoping the irrititation and redness would go away. Since I also have those stubborn red marks I thought I could incorporate NHSFL early in the regimen but boy was I wrong!=/ When I put NHSFL on my face, it stings for half an hour and then it starts itching like crazy... D; I thought NHSFl is suppose to help with flakes and exfoliation, but from closer inspection, my skin looks redder and i notice there are tiny bumps that werent there before.... Im soo confused and im not sure if I should just stick it out with this product until my skin gets used to it o-o Did anyone else experience a bad reaction to this product? Even after I use jojoba oil, I could still feel slight tightness to my face. I thought jojoba oil is suppose to help loosen up tight skin....

Should I stick with NHSFL or try another moisturizer? I know some people use Cetaphil, but from my prev experience I tend to break out from it. Is there another alternative of a cheap moisturizer that I could use in place of NHSFL?

Also, I notice some of the discoloration around my jawline, its extremely dry, even when I put jojoba oil on it....it looks like dead skin. I read from someone's signature about using jojoba oil to help get rid of flakes and dead skin...will this further irritate my skin or should I just leave it alone?

(Sorry for the long post xD Kinda frustrated since I tried accutane and other products and nothing seem to work D; I thought I'd just give this regimen a shot since well, its summer vacation and I really have nothing to lose)

:naughty: definitely dont use an aha until you're at least a month into the regimen, its powerful stuff and i found even after 3 months it made my face sting and a little irritated at first. no wonder your skin is red! be really gentle with your skin in the first month and let it get used to the bp, use lots of that jojoba, im afraid i cant help with moisturisers as im in the uk but i love dans one with a few drops of jojoba. try the neutrogena again in a month or consider giving dans aha a go. good luck

Oh I see, thank for the advice xD I guess I got carried away from reading old posts about the NHSFL. It never crossed my mind that i would have this bad of a reaction to it. i still feel tightness on my face for the whole day even numerous application of jojoba oil. Now I regret buying it since i cant return it and its a shame that I cant use it D; I went to my balcony with my mirror and omg my skin never been this worst....some minor scaling where I dab a load of aha

(I think i have bad luck of buying products that never work for my skin..such a hassle finding which products works and which doesnt. )

no need to throw it away, you can definitely try it again in about a month or so when your skin is less sensitive, just go slowly with it and do it every 3 days at first, then every other day etc.

Im having another problem o-o Been on the regimen for 5 days now and my acne looked worse than before i started..is it suppose to be like this? I feel like maybe its not gonna work for me since im getting tiny whiteheads that werent there before.