Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I work at a bar/resteraunt/club and there is this chick there who has SEVERE acne, her whole face is covered in cysts and pimples and everything in between is beet red... she also has pale white skin too... I feel SO BAD for her, like really bad. Anyways there was this older women about ten feet from her, and she yells out ''name!!", I haven't seen you forever!! (obviously some one she knows) and the second she gets up closer to her, she lets out a big long loud "O NOOO"...

I don't know what you guys think of that, but it personally hit me in the stomach like a sledge hammer, and it wasn't even me! i'm a guy mentally struggling with moderate acne turned hyperpigmentation... I can't even imagine what she must be going through... No matter what anyone says, for as long as I live, I will always belive acne is evil evil evil... Just because it's like a veil over someone's life... nothing else in the whole world fucks up someone's face like acne does... and people who don't have it will never know how dehabilitating that is.

FUCK ACNE

THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I work at a bar/resteraunt/club and there is this chick there who has SEVERE acne, her whole face is covered in cysts and pimples and everything in between is beet red... she also has pale white skin too... I feel SO BAD for her, like really bad. Anyways there was this older women about ten feet from her, and she yells out ''name!!", I haven't seen you forever!! (obviously some one she knows) and the second she gets up closer to her, she lets out a big long loud "O NOOO"...

I don't know what you guys think of that, but it personally hit me in the stomach like a sledge hammer, and it wasn't even me! i'm a guy mentally struggling with moderate acne turned hyperpigmentation... I can't even imagine what she must be going through... No matter what anyone says, for as long as I live, I will always belive acne is evil evil evil... Just because it's like a veil over someone's life... nothing else in the whole world fucks up someone's face like acne does... and people who don't have it will never know how dehabilitating that is.

FUCK ACNE

THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think that pretty much sums up how I'd feel too.

Poor girl.

FUCK ACNE

Poor girl.

I can't believe that girl has the guts to go to a club! I mean, I have moderate acne but I'm still a little bit embarrass to go out in public even with cover-up. In a way, I admire the girl's courage but feel bad when someone said,, "O NOOO"... That's really mean...

Times like that when you wish there was a wonder cure, you think with all the technology there is today acne would be a minor thing to solve, obviously not. I really feel for people with severe acne, i think my life is hard mild acne, i literally have no idea. And people like the one who shouted "OH NOO" really do my fucking head in, they literally don't give a shit how they make people feel, personally i hope karma exists and they get what they deserve.

FUCK ACNE

Poor girl.

She works there too...

FUCK ACNE

Poor girl.

She works there too...

Uh.. she would've felt really bad. You should have given her a hug!

FUCK ACNE

How was she after this incident?? i would be SOOO CRUSHED... im happy most of the time but encountering this kinda situation always makes me visibly upset and just wanna go home...

i hope shes taking it well :(

I really don't know how she took it, I didn't have the time to see or anything as it is always busy as hell where I work.

I think acne is definitely an effective impairment on people's self-perception and confidence. But then again, there are quite a lot of things like that, such as having crazy-eyes, having horrid teeth, missing limbs, having burn-wounds (some on this list being better or worse than acne)...

But I dunno, I think acne is terrible, but I think the more you allow it to devour you, the bigger it gets. I mean, I know that's obviously said a lot more easily than it's done, but there have been people who overcome their appearance/self-confidence impairing factors and are still able to have self-confidence.

I mean, at this Olive Garden that I go to, there's this one waitress who is a midget (and I don't mean it as a slang... Like, legally a midget), and she has short stubby legs/arms, and is about half the height of most people, but man, when she starts talking about the dishes she recommends, she's so confident like she's the best waitress in the world. And that just made her all the more beautiful (uh, yeah, and I don't mean it in like "She's my type", but you know what I mean...)...

Gah, what am I saying. Yeah, acne is just plain evil. @[email protected];; But then again, without acne, we may have to deal with a lot more snobby/self-centered/egotistical teens.

FUCK ACNE

Such people really irk me. Obviously they know its going to hurt that acne prone person but they still they do it. I wish that lady gets cancer or something and loses all her hair and then when someone laughs at her, she will know how it feels. I also hate people who stare at a pimple you might have, we dont stare at the lards of fat hanging from their waist, do we....

This kind of incident, unimatic, does not prove that acne is evil. It proves that there are some very ignorant people on this earth who do not seem to possess a shred of empathy.

Just cause that person said O no, acne is evil? what are you talking about?

I'm sorry but that isnt that bad... Unless she says "omg stay away from me, I hate looking at you," and really lets her have it.. its not that bad! Even if she said it, it still doesnt prove ACNE is evil..

Acne wouldnt be acne if people dont react to it at all now would it? How can people with clear skin and people with acne be the same and get the same reactions? are you kidding me? stop being so fragile to peoples reactions. The purpose of acne is a bad one, and the main thing is what otheres say about it or what you think others will say about it, its psychological. It doesnt really physically hurt as much as a real disease.

Acne sucks, yes it even happens to people who take good care of their skin, but it still feels dirty, looks dirty doesnt it? The oily skin, the bumps, the dead skin buildup, that pimple with pus inside it.. it just looks dirty.. WHAT DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO THINK? thats your face is perfectly clean?, that all the pimples and pus inside are supposed to be clean? COME ON!

This lady didnt react in a nice way, she could have restrained from saying O no and carried on like there was no acne.. because she knows her.... but there will be people that dont know her who will react in the same way or worse.. and you can't blame them...

seriously.... you can convince the public that people with acne are hygenic and do attempt to take care of their skin but if and when you still have acne, you can't convince them your skin is clean when its overloaded with sebum.

why would she be crushed? everyone tells me you shouldn't let it affect you. :rolleyes:

that is true. but for most of us 'just not letting it affect you' is a bit of a naive statement. it wouldn't be so bad if some people weren't so judgemental about acne and showed a bit more compassion instead of staring or yelling 'OH NOOO'. especially if your face looks like what this girl's does. but the fact that she still goes out is great. i used to hate leaving the house and i only had light/moderate acne.

This kind of incident, unimatic, does not prove that acne is evil. It proves that there are some very ignorant people on this earth who do not seem to possess a shred of empathy.

Exactly, it just proves the short comings of humanity as a whole; we're all self-centred ignorant bastards who are far to concerned with the superficial.

Nice responses guys. Some of you may be right, this doesn't prove that acne is evil, but it still shows how fucking superficial most of society is. If you would've asked me before I had acne if people reacted this way towards it, I would've told them they were nuts, "it's just some pimples". I always try to be nice to this girl, smile and LOOK HER RIGHT IN THE EYE, I hate when people's eyes wander about a face, and I"m sure she does too.

ya duh it fuckin sucks

ya duh ur life isnt the same

ya duh its impossible to ignore

ya duh there shuld be a miracle cure

i was once real popular until i started gettin shitty acne......still havnt got it cured n ive lost a buncha friends and im shy now .....like wtf ive never been shy in public but acne definently caused it

so ya its a shitty thing n i hope there will be a miracle cure tommaro..

I can't believe that shit - That poor girl! Fuck acne is right! But you know what's worse than acne? ASSHOLES who say shit like that. They don't understand because they've most likely never had to go through life with acne all over their faces. Morons. Thanks for addressing this guys, we all need to combat this type of ignorance when it arises. Best of luck to all,

-Tom

Yea, that really sucks. Like most acne sufferers, I've had my share of insults thrown at me as well and I know how brutal they can be on the psyche. Still, the girl has my respect for going out and working at a busy restaurant despite dealing with severe acne. That's very admirable. Hopefully she'll be rid of acne one day just like the rest of us.

I have such bad social anxiety and BDD from my acne that I often stay inside for weeks. I can't even imagine what I would have done if someone had been so rude....

but on the other side, last week one of my friends (completely out of the blue) said "you look really nice today."

it made my day. even a little comment like that can make a huge difference. i try to focus on the beautiful things about people (and every person has them) and compliment them on that.