Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dj_2004

I'm new to DKR and I have a few questions

I started DKR July 2, 2008 and have been using 1-1.5 pumps of BP gel (1 pump of the cleanser). My results seem to be quite different than what I've read on this forum and that leads me to my questions:

1) First, here is how I do the regime: I apply the cleanser (1 pump) and wash, then gently pat my face dry and wait five minutes. When the five minutes pass, I apply 1-1.5 pumps of BP gel and massage it into my face's skin for about five minutes. After that, I wait twenty minutes to apply my Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel. However, I noticed that whenever I applied the moisturizer, my skin would begin to feel (and look) slightly oily only a couple hours later. I have been using this moisturizer for a full week before starting the DKR and it always kept my oil way down, yet now it gives me oil? I should note that I have very oily skin and do the regime in the morning and at night.

2) My second question is somewhat a continuation of the first. I have stopped applying any moisturizer after applying the BP gel (all other steps are the same) and my skin looks fantastic. No dryness, redness, irritation, etc. In fact, it is almost like my skin has reached a perfect balance. It isn't dry but there also isn't any noticeable oil. I began using only 1 pump of the BP gel as that is what is recommended for new users, but I ramped it up to 1.5 two days after starting the regime and found the results to be even better. Should I be worried or should I be pleased that my skin seemingly loves this BP gel? Before the regime, I used OXY's 10% BP daily face wash. This was really the only face wash that did anything for me and I used it for at least two years once a day. With OXY's my skin did dry out and flake.

3) Since moisturizer makes my face oily and that my skin is otherwise fantastic without any moisturizer, is it okay if I don't apply any?

Sorry for the long post. :)

If your skin is fine than it probably does not matter, though you might want to apply a moisturiser maybe once a day because long term its good for your skin. I would find another one, something which is non greasy/non carmeogenic. Dont know if Aloe Vera is or not but sounds like your skin does not like it with BP