Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AOEE

Moving off to college

I'm moving out at the end of August (~27th?) and I have a derm app't for July 18th. If I were to request Accutane then, would it be too late? I know you have to jump through some hoops and get blood testing monthly--would it be possible for me to start at home and continue to get blood testing monthly from college?

Or does anyone have experience with student health offices? Maybe I could just wait 'til I get to college and request Accutane from them?

Thanks.

I go off to college again at the end of August as well, and I'm just going to be coming home every month for my derm appointment. I only live 2 hours from my school and a bus ticket is only $7 so it's not bad. Maybe you should see a doctor who lives out by your school if it's too hard to come home, yes.

Wait a minute, I'm in the exact same situation as AOEE. There are plenty of students who go to out of state colleges and have prescription drugs that don't have to rush back home every week to see their doctor. I would think it could be possible to get a prescription at your current derm and then switch the paperwork over to a derm closer to your college that way you continue to have check ups throughout the course. I hope that's the case, cause otherwise I'd have to wait two more months to start accutane at all.

Currently live in Las Vegas, college on the East Coast :(

I will ask my derm about that paperwork-transfer thing Iliad, if it comes down to Accutane.

Just curious, how much does Amnesteem cost those of you with insurance?

Currently live in Las Vegas, college on the East Coast :(

I will ask my derm about that paperwork-transfer thing Iliad, if it comes down to Accutane.

Just curious, how much does Amnesteem cost those of you with insurance?

After insurance it costed me about 20$ per 30 40mg pills

good luck if you decide accutane is the best option