Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweetJade1980

What's your Clear Skin Cost?

Q: What does Clear Skin Cost mean?

A: Definition:not a numerical value, but the impact on one's skin as a result of an action or exposure to a trigger that has a negative consequence.

With that in mind, how many of you, know your Clear Skin Cost?

Q: What does Clear Skin Cost mean?

A: Definition:not a numerical value, but the impact on one's skin as a result of an action or exposure to a trigger that has a negative consequence.

With that in mind, how many of you, know your Clear Skin Cost?

Eating any of these result in breakouts:

Nuts and products with nuts (forehead)

Whey and products with whey, which are more than I originally imagined (jawline and cheeks)

Legumes (forehead)

Soy and products with soy (jawline, chin)

Candy and sugary foods (chin and cheeks)

Miscellaneous:

Shaving, no matter how gentle or what kind of razor/electric shaver/trimmer I use (jawline, chin, upper lip)

Wearing hats, helmets, masks (forehead and random areas on face)

Wearing glasses/sunglasses even if I clean and disinfect (temples, bridge of nose, brow)

When my hair gets longer and starts to hang over my face (forehead, temples)

Sleeping under the covers (entire face is fair game)

Cleaning/Exposure to dust (cheeks, chin, forehead)

The food ones I have pretty under control and I rarely break out from food anymore because I know what to avoid, but some of the miscellaneous ones are VERY hard to avoid and probably the most frustrating because they are so common. I don't get much facial hair, just a patch on my chin and stray hairs here and there on the rest of my face that must be shaved or else it looks unpleasant :lol: I've tried single, double razors, wet/dry electric shavers, trimmers, different shaving lubricants (aloe, jojoba, bump minimizing products, Dan's cleanser, other cleansers) and I always end up breaking out.

Avoiding certain foods I can handle, but It's quite frustrating not being able to do normal things like shave or wear sunglasses :boohoo: :lol:

Exactly! Knowing your Clear Skin Cost is beyond simply knowing that "Trigger X" causes "breakouts" :clap:

It's about knowing that Trigger X causes a Specific Type of Acne in a Specific Location.

Once you know these 3 facts... for example, when it comes to your diet, you can make decisions as to whether or not you want to "cheat", because you already know the consequences of those actions (nada, mild, moderate, or severe) :D

Of course, what's really good about learning your Clear Skin Cost....when you eat out...if you have a reaction...you'll more than likely know what caused it! :dance:

No more guilt. No more paranoia!