Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Eating more fruits

Before ive only ever reallly eaten apples and sometimes grapes whilst growing up. I then introduced bananas into my diet and now im looking into adding in more different fruits. If you have had a limited amount of fruits in your diet whilst growing up, has adding different ones helped with your skin at all? Im going to start eating strawberries, pineapples and grapefruits regularly and also look out for some others.

bananas have too much sugar so it's bad for acne.

i broke out really bad after eating too much fruit. sugar is sugar

paul you should eat some blueberries too, i was like you growing up just apples, grapes and oranges now and again. they are recognised as a superfood and there is an interesting article here about potential benefits click

but the bluberries are loaded with anti - ageing antioxidants.

p.s i hate the taste of them but just gub them quickly :P

paul you should eat some blueberries too, i was like you growing up just apples, grapes and oranges now and again. they are recognised as a superfood and there is an interesting article here about potential benefits click

Ive had some in my smoothies before, but unfortunately they are quite expensive here. They do sound like a good fruit to be eating though, so it maybe worth what they the shops are charging. Will give them a try :)

best going to one of the huge supermarkets paul, and just buy them loose, its cheaper then. i know they are expensive when you buy them in health shops etc.

Bananas don't make me break out. I eat one to two a day, during periods where I'm clear or not, and they do nothing bad.

i eat a lot of kiwis and blueberries. also blackberries on occasion. theyre great... i feel like they help my skin.. i dont think the natural sugars effect me though, some people claim that even the sugar in fruit will break them out

I eat a banana everyday. I haven't found it to affect my acne at all. It ticks me off, though. I begin eating more healthy foods and avoiding all junk foods and I broke out even more -___-

I eat a banana everyday. I haven't found it to affect my acne at all. It ticks me off, though. I begin eating more healthy foods and avoiding all junk foods and I broke out even more -___-

yeah , exactly lol even if i avoided junk foods i still get acne..

being healthy is good but we wont live for ever , why be very healthy?

so i say we should eat junks sometime :D:D , wendy's... yummy..

Mcdonnald.. yum.. , pizza... dang i miss this foods lol

now my family thinks i am crazy.. they went shoping with me.. and saw me buying organic stuff

expensive.. they like.. wow those are expensive..!! but why,, ur skinny.. u don't need diet foods..

so ya.. >_< i need to stop.

People who says their diet helps and keeps them is clear.. is cause they were allergic or sensitive to something they should eat...

We all different ^^

but yeah gotta always buy fruits , :)

Ive been eating too much fruit- raspberries, blueberries mainly... I kept having to go to the bathroom cause of it.

Just be careful of too much sugar. I know that oranges aggrivate my acne. I was eating about 2 or 3 a day as well as tangerines and for a week i started breaking out bad.

good luck with it.

I believe the reason alot of you are breaking out after eating alot of fruit is beacuse fruit is very cleansing to the body. When you start cleansing your body from all the crap you use to eat then sometimes it can come through the skin when your liver isn't working good! The fact that you are breaking out after eating the fruit is a good thing. It means that your body is starting to eliminate the crap! You will not see any difference in your skin in a matter of a week. You need to be consistent with what your doing and keep on giving your body tons of nutrition in fruit and vegetables!

Just go to nutritiondata.com and compare the vitamins and minerals in fruit and vegetables with that of animals..

The difference is huge and it amazes me how we have actually lived for so long on nutritionally devoid food! My goodness! Lol :-)

A big clue to your overall health is your stools! If your stools start becomming better then you know things are working good and your digesting your food. I have found that eating too many nuts and seeds can cause digestive problems for me. That is why alot of fruit and vegetables are good because they digest fast and all that extra energy your body has can go to repair things in your body!

Ive had some in my smoothies before, but unfortunately they are quite expensive here. They do sound like a good fruit to be eating though, so it maybe worth what they the shops are charging. Will give them a try :)

If you've got a blender just make your own smoothies.

I would say fruit is good for you in most cases. Fruit juices and some citrus fruits are concentrated sugars and may break you out if they spike your insulin too much. Or the sugar in fruits can stimulate candida albicans if you find you already have an infection. If you find sugar in general breaks you out, then I recommend some insulin sensitizers such as fish oil, chromium, cinnamon (there are many others) and these may help you tolerate sugar/fruit. If the sugar is stimulating the candida, then look up anti candida diets and supplements. Those may help as well. Berries are generally the best for acne, mostly because they have a very favorable sugar:fiber ratio as well as being loaded with antimflammatory antioxidants.

Just go to nutritiondata.com and compare the vitamins and minerals in fruit and vegetables with that of animals..

Go look up an apple. Very few nutrients in an apple compared to meat.

Most fruit contains a dose of Vitamin C, sometimes a dose of carotene, B6, and manganese. Otherwise, for the most part, they are low in all other nutrients. With some notable exceptions, of course.

The most nutrient-dense food I know if is an animal food--liver. Milk is also quite nutrient dense, but by most definitions, milk isn't animal flesh.