Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tasha90

Can someone help me figure out what this is?

Okay, the picture in the link is not my forehead (I got it off the internet), but I do have these and have seen them on other people.

I want to figure out what is going on in/with the pore. When I look at my forehead in natural light with a mirror, I see my pores. But I also see a little dark spot in the pore. Or maybe it is that the pore is dark. What is it?

I do not think it is necessarily oil or blackheads because even after doing a mask and having my skin be completely dry (not dry as in dry skin, but dry as in free of oil, albeit temporarily), they still appear dark.

I also don't think that all pores are like this as I have seen plenty of people with enlarged pores that do not have that darkness, that dark center and are the same color as the rest of the skin.

Here is the link to the picture. Just click on the picture to enlarge it and disregard the acne and pimples, just consider the pores. http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poresal5.jpg

Well, it's really common. If you go to people's galleries, and look closely, you'll see it. And I really don't think it is oil, like I already said.

No, they're not scars either...Because they go away temporarily with a REALLY good clay mask...maybe it is oil that is just deep within the pore?

No, they're not scars either...Because they go away temporarily with a REALLY good clay mask...maybe it is oil that is just deep within the pore?

I think it is just oil that's not quite a blackhead. I like the Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask, but after that I'd recommend a long hot shower or steaming the face to open the pores. Really let the steam or water soak in there. See if that helps open the pores. Usually you can just wipe off any oil/blackheads with a wet washcloth then. Or use a Dr. Bronner soap then. Good luck!

I have those too on my forehead, though im lucky enough not to have a lot of pimples. I always thought they were blackheads, but they can be a bunch of oil like other people said because i dont really know =[.

You know what? I have it there too & under my chin. But the ones under my chin don't react to anything. :whistle: Uhm. I thought it was fungal follicitus initially and so I started using head & shoulders shampoo for dandruff (the bacteria for dandruff and fungal follicitus are the same.) It's worked wonders, but I'm still not clear. Plus, I don't have dandruff and some seem to be inflamed. But it's just something to keep in mind; the best of luck to you all!