Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on 80mg Accutane since February. I put off taking Accutane forever because I did not want to deal with the side effects. When I decided to finally take Accutane it was because I realized that I could have dealt with 6 months of potential hell and never have to deal with acne again, or continue dealing with acne. It was never too bad, but persistent. Mostly blackheads, clogged pores, a few zits, and sometimes jawline cysts. It would come and go. I was usually somewhat clear through the warmer months, but it could get pretty bad in winter. If only I had dealt with it a long time ago, I think I would have been a totally different person.

I originally came on here to try and figure out a cure before taking Accutane. Then I came back once I started Accutane. I needed a place to go when I was feeling like shit. I wanted to see others dealing with the same side effects that I was. My skin became worse than it ever had been in my entire life. Along with that was horribly dry skin, painfully cracked/dry lips, itchy eyes, and fatigue. Lately, I have been on a lot. I have had way too much free time.

Tomorrow is a new day. I start my last months prescription. I am 'clear' I suppose. I have some red marks, not too noticeable. My chin and mouth area keeps drying out really f'n bad, and has been for the past few months. It is constantly flaking and shedding. Either I let it be dry, or I moisturize so much it feels greasy. It ends up leaving me with a white head here and there due to what I feel is just from irritation.

As I said, tomorrow is a new day. I start my job. Finally. I have been cooped up inside all summer with no money to go out and do anything. My life has been tv, internet, gym, repeat. I have only went out a handful of times. With that being said, I do not plan on spending any more time on here. I might stop by, but after today, I probably won't have the time. Plus, don't most people disappear once they're clear?

Anyways, good luck to everyone. If you think your skin is that bad, quit trying to find a miracle diet or anti biotic or topical or cleanser etc. Take Accutane and be done with it.. just be prepared to suffer for a short time.

Yippee. I'm hopefully going on 'tane with two weeks and you guys are making it sound so cheerful! :D lol. Of course I wouldn't have considered it without knowing the risks, so I'm prepared. Like the OP, I have had severe to moderate acne for years and years but never had the guts to take the 'tane. I figure what the crow, I can deal with six months of hell if it means I'm clear, I mean how much worse can it be than the past six and a half years? I just wish I had decided to take this step sooner. But you know what they say, it's always darkest...

Yippee. I'm hopefully going on 'tane with two weeks and you guys are making it sound so cheerful! :D lol. Of course I wouldn't have considered it without knowing the risks, so I'm prepared. Like the OP, I have had severe to moderate acne for years and years but never had the guts to take the 'tane. I figure what the crow, I can deal with six months of hell if it means I'm clear, I mean how much worse can it be than the past six and a half years? I just wish I had decided to take this step sooner. But you know what they say, it's always darkest...

The main thing you need to do is focus, no matter what, on the prize at the end of the treatment, which if of course clear skin. No matter how red, dry, or irritated your skin because during the treatment, always keep in mind how you are going to look in the end. I know from experience that it is extremely hard to do that, although I had no encouragement like this so i really hope it help

Good luck!