Find results in...

What do you think is the best way to go:

Trying to:

a) ignore it. saying 'bugger you, im going to live my life' etc

OR

b) visualise clear skin

OR

c) acceptance

Perhaps another (positive) attitude/method ???

visualizing clear skin in kinda like denial... you should accept the problem and do what u can to make it better even if its just a little

Huh. I agree. Visualizing is denial. I think ignoring it and accepting it both go together. Once you accept that it probably won't go away for a while, you stop freaking out over it and trying all these solutions that'll probably just make it worse. Ignoring it ... I see as people staring and it bothering you. Yes, you're not drop dead flawless. At times it is best to ignore it, like when you're in public and people look. But you have to accept it, too. Honestly, how else will you have some sort of mild closure?

i'd say "accutane" is a perfect method. but honestly, try not to dwell on it too much (the opposite of what I do). But if you're able to you should accept that you have acne and feel comfortable with that but also try your hardest to get rid of it.

Acceptance does not mean giving up. It simply means knowing that crystal clear skin is not in the cards. It doesn't mean that I'm ugly, or that I'm horrible, or that I'll have to buy stock in BP someday (well, I might have to do the last one, actually!) - it just means that I realize and become okay with the fact that I have acne.

It's like having buck teeth (which I have). It's just another physical thing I have to deal with. If I accept that I have acne, that means I that I have accepted that I will have to do some kind of skin care regimen for the rest of my life. But that's all. That's acceptance.

I noticed that the more I fight it, the worse it gets, the more I dont care about impressing anyone, the better face gets, and vise-versa!

sometimes the only thing that you will be able to change is your attitude towards it.

And your attitude towards anything that is out of your control, does gravity upset you??? neither should anything else you have no control over. Its ok to want to change it, but until then youll have to consider that some things can only bother you as much as you let them. Relax!!! there is no law that says it has to destroy you emotionally, so you are free to choose not to make a fuss.

Yea people will look at times, but even that will only bother you as much as you let it, you have a choice its your attitude, its your life, its your mind.