Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

Discovered this website today, looks like a very useful resource.

I've got mild to moderate acne on my face, mainly blackheads and whiteheads, and i've tried clindamycin, doxycycline, and differin, which I found slightly decreased the size and number of acne, however after about a month, it all came back again.

I've also tried a number of over the counter products, a few neutrogena/clean and clear washes/scrubs, wipes/pads and etc, these were probably worse than the medication.

So, what next? My doctor has suggested roccutane, however I'm not really interested in this unless it's really a last resort, I don't think my acne is really bad enough for it anyway...

I'm interested in trying Dan's regimen, however using BP in the past hasn't been good, I usually end up with flakey, irritated and itchy skin. I saw the AHA, and was wondering if this would work with cleanser in a twice a day routine - anyone tried this?

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys

Go to "Get clear" and read "What to expect" - you'll find that redness, itchines, flaking etc is normal for up to 3 or 4 weeks. Stick to it and get results. If you have other questions there's a whole lot of information already laid out pretty clearly on this website. Maybe have a read through everything first, you might find you get most of your answers and then some. Good luck =)

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear enough - what I mean is try the Regimen first, for the recommended 3 months, and if it doesn't work then go experiment. The Regimen's been successful for most people so you may as well try it first rather than something new that isn't as tried and true.