Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marvel26

Lots of itching

Hi, I've been on the regimen for 4 weeks now. It started to itch a lot about 2 weeks ago. I know that's supposed to be normal and everything so it was no big deal, even though it itches a ton. Well it's been about 2 weeks since the itching first started and it still itches really bad. Some nights I lose a lot of sleep over it because I try so hard not to scratch my face or neck at all.

For the past 3 or 4 days my skin has been very flaky. When I get out of the shower and my skin dries before I put on the BP. Every part of my face and neck that I've put BP on before is flaky and I can see dead skin or dried BP or whatever it is everywhere. The second I put on the BP it looks fine but once it starts to get later in the night it starts to get flaky again. When I use the cleanser at night it gets really flaky right before I put the nightly BP on as well.

I'm 95% sure it's not an allergic reaction so that's out of the question. My face is actually clearing up a lot so I'm happy with the product. It's just that this damn itching at night drives me crazy. I want to know if this is normal for other people or if I'm just itching way more than everyone else. I use all acne.org products. Also, what the hell can I use to get all these flakes off my skin.

Some itching is normal but it shouldn't be intense. Are you experiencing any swelling, rash, oozing, crusting?

You may need to decrease the amount of bp you are currently using. Maybe the itching is from the intense dryness you described. Which moisturizer are you using? Whichever one it is, try adding a few drops of jojoba oil to it and let's see if we can get the dryness under control.

You may just need to moisturize more, and hopefully the itching and dryness will subside.