Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy5401

Help! I need your advice on my acne (Pictures included!)

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am so glad I came across this forum because many of you have inspired me to do something about my skin problem. I've been avoiding it lately thinking that my acne would go away with age, but I was wrong, it only gets worse.

The main problem with my acne is that I ONLY get it on my cheeks. My forehead is always clear, butit seems to me that every month I get the same exact zits in the same place. I feel as though my cheeks are oily and thats why I always get pimples there. I also get little pimples as well as the huge nasty zits at least once a month. It drives me crazy!

I have talked to many dermatologists, but they all seem to say the same thing and reccomend the same products that just don't work.

-I am 22 years old and I've had acne since I was 16. Here are the list of products that I've tried before:

- Tazorac

- Triaz

- Proactiv

- RETIN-A MICRO

In addition to that, I have also tried many of the over-the-counter products such as clean and clear, clearasil, etc:

Here is a picture of my acne (and this was taken on one of my good days. I usually have 2-3 HUGE zits and 10 little pimples:

I don't know what else to do. I have become so insecure lately that its shut down my personal/social life. :( What products or what can you guys recommend? I am open to ANYTHING! Thanks so much!

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF MY ACNE:

post-79161-1215329660_thumb.jpg

post-79161-1215329667_thumb.jpg

post-79161-1215329672_thumb.jpg

post-79161-1215329660_thumb.jpg

post-79161-1215329667_thumb.jpg

post-79161-1215329672_thumb.jpg

this may sound crazy, but you really don't look that bad. i mean you hardly have any scarring that i can see, and although they inflame badly they seem sparse. anyway, have you looked into dan's regimen? 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and for your oiliness, i suggest dan's jojoba oil (i use it to control oil and also as a moisturizer). also this is probably obvious to you hehe but since your forehead is totally clear be careful not to get any medication on it so not to irritate and possibly cause something! :)

Hi kikii,

Thank you for the quick reply. I've actually looked into it, but I am very sensitive to benzoyl peroxide.

My problem is getting the same zits in the same exact spots every month. I just don't understand why I am so clear everywhere else EXCEPT the areas on my cheeks.

This is going to sound really dumb, but is there any way to suck out the dirt/oil from that area :lol: so those zits can't keep coming back every month?

I'll have to second what kikii said, it looks pretty good in fact.

For oily skin, I suggest milk of magnesium. I have it on right now and I think its pretty good. The only problem I had with it was the sticky residue it left behind and I found a way around that through the use of moist towelettes at CVS, the kind for removing makeup and that it left my chin a tad bit dry. But overall, its great.

Your acne doesn't look bad and maybe you should try going to the derm again but this time ask for evoclin and benzaclin. That's what I use and my face has stay clear for a year. Also maybe you should get allergy test because I found out I was allergic to dairy, fish and eggs. When I avoid these things my face doesn't break out. In addition, I am on loestrin 24 fe and that help with my mild acne.

I'm obviously not a derm, but you look like you have a combo of rosacea and hormonal acne. I wonder if BCP, like Yaz or Yasmin would help you? It is certainly something you can ask your doc next time you go in, provided that it's something you can or want to take. Have you tried Differin at all?

your skin dosent look to bad to me really,but obviously you are unhappy,have you thought about using a cleanser containing gycolic acid?that maybe be something worth looking in to.also maybe taking some health supplements,like zinc or fish oil.....if you think your acne is hormonal then maybe you should try taking borage oil or something.good luck with it all :)

I haven't tried it myself (i'm on my third day of the face doctor soap)- but if you go to avon.com and enter clearskin into the search bar.. just read the reviews on the products!! I'm REALLY hoping what i'm using works, but if not, i'd be very interested in these products: Fading peel *or something*, astringent (there's only one), and face wash (only one of those as well) and there's a spot treatment!!

Ive been using clean and clear SA 2% spot treatment. Ive gotta say.... Its working pretty good right now. Bp usually dont do much for me buz the SA seem to be reducing my problems quite good