Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok, so life is pretty much perfect, except for ACNE. have a lot going on and on Monday I will be starting soccer , and all the people are my age and none that i know of have acne. I want to make a good impression and i hate doing sports with makeup on, it sucks, I have to layer on makeup like there is no tomorrow, and still you can see my acne. Its really disgusting, I mean (excuse my graphic descriptions), I got cysts and they are so huge, I mean, like almost size of MARBLE! Im mean WTF??? What happened? My skin was so okay before, I want my OLD acne back now :(:( the times when I had 2 -3 zits!!! :*( Im so sad, I cant explain it. I was in front of mirror and a couple of them popped and all this crap came out with blood, sorry again for being graphic. Im so desperate, I want to fix this the right way , without drugs, some old school remedy, I dont know. Can someone help me please?????????? What should I do? This is stressful enough.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have moderate to severe acne, which tends to be extremely stubbourn (I had the same problem from age 14-21, only recently found a treatment to clear it up). I don't understand why some people have an aversion to medical treatment of acne. If you had an infection in your leg, you wouldn't think twice about using antibiotics to wipe it out. Why is this not the case with acne?

My suggestion to you would be to see a dermatologist. I tried the "old school" methods for five years and I can tell you, you can drink 2 gallons of water a day, rub a whole lemon tree on your face, and restrict your diet to only berries and apples - IT WON'T WORK IF YOU HAVE MILD OR WORSE ACNE.

When you see your derm, ask him/her about topical Benzaclin in the morning and Retin-A at night. I used to get 3-5 pustules on my face at a time, really gross ones! It seemed nothing would get rid of them until I tried this treatment. It's been 8 months and I've only had three very small pimples since the treatment kicked in - an absolute miracle for my skin.

I wish you the best of luck in your treatment - make it sooner than later to avoid scarring. Thanks for listening,

-Tom

ht tp://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=35135

^ you can try this. it may not help. But when i had redmarks i tried this and it took them alll away and any acne i had left reduced it alot. Hope i helped!

if u r really desperate... try using antibiotic a quick recovery..

trust me...I used doxycycline and am using another kind now

it only takes 2~3 days to see the results ( at least on me )

I know how u feel...

it depresses me when I gave everything up and tried my very best...and it still breaks out

just want to cry when I see normal skin ppl :wall:

maybe it's all that makeup ur using while playing ur sports? i use retina, biore pore minimizing cleanser, neutrogena deep clean and oriflame gel cleanser. i hate loading my face with topicals. my method is using different cleansers during the day and retina at night. my acne wasn't whiteheads but more like ALOT of clogged pores/blackheads. my method MIGHT work for you. i used to have acne like yours-mainly whiteheads. usually ppl that suffer from lots of whiteheads is cuz they're unclean and don't know how to take care of their face. you should try with a foaming cleanser. i used shiseido and that cleared me up. but then after a while it stopped working and i developed blackheads instead(i was still cleaning my face which is why i didn't get whitheads, whiteheads are formed mainly from oil and bacteria hence i said uncleanliness). so that's y i use different cleansers thoughout the day to exfoliate. sry if it's not making sense i'm just too lazy to use correct grammar today