Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am in search of a good exfoliating product. The last few I have tried leave me with a lot of the dead skin on my face, rather than it being washed away with water when I rinse. I'm looking for a product that won't do this and just get the dead/dry skin off the surface of my face after I wash. I don't have much acne, maybe 3-4 active whiteheads at a time which aren't too big. I basically just have red/brown spots, some uneven skin tone in certain areas and then the problem of dry, dead skin being left over after a few days. I only need to exfoliate once or twice a week it seems but with the products I've been using it's such an irritating task, as I have to go in afterwards with a cottonball/moisturizer and water and wipe the dead skin left over on my face. After that, my skin definitely looks smoother and healthier but also seems to be irritated in certain areas from wiping the dead skin away.

I was looking into Paula's Choice exfoliaters, I seem to have better results with the BHA exfoliants. Anyone have experience with the 2% BHA Gel or Lotion? I was thinking of getting the gel but I'm not sure which would be better for me. I'm currently on the water only regimen and sometimes use jojoba oil and aloe vera gel to moisturize. Other than that it just seems I need to exfoliate once or twice a week because I get dead skin build up after a while.

Any other good exfoliation product recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I also prefer natural products without irritants like sodium laurel sulfate and things of that nature.