Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cody92

I have a Problem

Hey guys well.....I was on the regimen for I think a month but that was about 3 months ago I believe and I had to stop because it dried out my face SO bad I couldnt even smile or move my mout really without it like flaking or getting really dry....I tried jojoba oil didnt really work I tried so many different moisturizers and they just flaked off........What did I do wrong but the one good thing is it was working...I mean my face was pretty clear and now i have all these clogged pores and my face is so oily...I want to try the regimen again but Im afraid too if that makes sense....What should I do differently this time? Maybe I went to fast like with how much bp to use and stuff?? Im using the ponds dry skin cream is this okay to use? with the regimen? if I do it...Please help! thanks

What products were you using with the Regimen before? Did you follow the instructions pretty exactly? I definitely don't think you gave it enough time, and it sounds like you may not have had the best moisturizer to help your cause. Can you also be more specific on your step-by-step procedure in applying the regimen?

Okay sorry about that....Um for the 1st step I used Purpose Gentle Cleansing wash, its soap free hypoallergenic and wont clog porse, then I would apply the BP I started off with half a pump then worked up to a full pump in 2 weeks then went to a pump and a half and thats when I gave up...okay and for the moistureizer I used the Cetaphil moisturizer and put 2 drops of jojoba oil in it and mixed it up and put it on... And I did that twice a day except I put moistureizer on my face alot because it was getting so dry. Did I explain it okay?

Okay sorry about that....Um for the 1st step I used Purpose Gentle Cleansing wash, its soap free hypoallergenic and wont clog porse, then I would apply the BP I started off with half a pump then worked up to a full pump in 2 weeks then went to a pump and a half and thats when I gave up...okay and for the moistureizer I used the Cetaphil moisturizer and put 2 drops of jojoba oil in it and mixed it up and put it on... And I did that twice a day except I put moistureizer on my face alot because it was getting so dry. Did I explain it okay?

Perfect! ;) I think your products are fine from what I can tell. I've been on DKR for about 1.5 month now, and the first month was tough. I'm still on the dry side and flaky, but it is a lot better than the first few weeks. I honestly think you need to stick it out longer and just keep moisturizing as needed. You can also try to hit your uber-dry areas with petroleum jelly at night. I was doing that for a bit (still do around the eyes, actually) and it helped. I'll be curious to see what some more experienced regimen users have to say though. Oh, and perosnally, I found Purpose to be too drying on my skin. I'm using the acne.org cleanser now (also a tad drying for me, althoug it seems to be better now), but I am going to go back to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and see if I have better luck with that.

What I've been using that is helping a lot is emu oil. I wash my face with Aveda All Sensitive, apply a generous amount of emu oil, let it sink in for a few minutes, and then take a washcloth and gently remove the flakes. Then I apply BP, let dry, and apply additional emu oil with some moisturizer (also from the Aveda All Sensitive line). My face still flakes, but is no longer painful and tight and not as flaky. At night, sometimes I also apply Glycolic Acid at the end. Hope that helps!