Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
howling bells

mineral make up changing colour!

hey, quick question to all the mineral makeup users, im still struggling to get this right, it feels like its so much better for my skin so i really want to continue using but but having some teething problems! basically im still stuggling to find my colour and im finding that though it looks ok when i put it on, when im done by the end of the day (sometimes about 12hrs of make up wear) my problem area (where i reapply during the day) looks a completely different colour to the rest of my face. it often looks quite grey and ashen while the rest of my face looks pinkish. not a good luck im sure you can imagine! it looks ok when i first put it on but do you think this could be because ive got the wrong colour? i think the fact i dont reapply other than in my problem area means a lot of the foundation has worn off from there, making the other bit look another colour, is this just the mineral makeup changing colour from long wear or have i got the wrong colour? i really hope that switching colour will be the answer as i need something that will last 12hrs+

anyone know if it turning grey means anything specific? like its too yellow undertoned or something? ive been using lily lolo stuff with a neutral undertone as i found the cool ones a little too pink

thanks in advance for any replies, i dont know what id do without these boards!

hm..I've never had my mineral makeup turn ashen but I use Everyday Minerals and really love it..I don't know if you've tried it or not, but it has really helped keep my skin clear while I've been on the regimen. Bare Minerals irritated my skin which I'm sure you know it does that..I used to have some trouble with mineral makeup if I had any more moist spotson my face after moisturizing because the mineral makeup would tend to gather too much power in that area since it was wetter but I haven't had that problem at all with Everyday Minerals :-) Oh I just read you apply more throughout the day...that would be your problem with changing colors..too many layers will change the color, especially if you're only adding more in specific spots, not all over your face...with Everyday Minerals you can go on their website and order FREE samples, they have super fast shipping and the samples are so generous...you can pick up to five things, I picked three foundations, one concealer, and one blush. So you can try them on your skin or even mix a couple foundations together to find your perfect shade!

Mineral Make up DOES change color that's why if your testing shades you should leave it on all day. When I first put it on in the morning it looks bleh, and very packed on. By mid morning it sinks in and it much better. I dunno if its the right match I'm thinking of posting pictures, but through out the day it looks fine for me.

In my experience I never touch up during the day and I sweat badly all day at work, cause I work in no AC and it looks fine. In fact with the make up and a bit of sweat my face looks BETTER. Its weird.

In my experience I never touch up during the day and I sweat badly all day at work, cause I work in no AC and it looks fine. In fact with the make up and a bit of sweat my face looks BETTER. Its weird.

I get that too! I actually like how my makeup looks like by mid-day and onwards even after I've been sweating and blotting off the sweat/oil with a tissue/blotting paper.

I have found that mineral makeup can change its color after a while. I used to think that EDM's Fairly Light is my color but it became too fair for me by the end of the day. Now I'm using a different color blend that looks a tiny bit fairer than my skin tone when I first put it on but give it a little bit of time and it blends in well with my real skintone. My makeup only looks better an hour or so after I first apply it.

Too grey usually means too light or cool; you might need something with more yellow in it actually, or a shade darker.

I've had some MMU brands look ashy no matter what, and I think it was just that particular brand.

i think a huge problem was me reapplying it too much and poss that it was to neutral, thanks everyone for your advice. im now using a mix of sunkissed fair and golden fair from edm and trying just to blot at oil in the day instead of covering it up with more powder and it looked much better today. i guess i was just too used to reapplying with liquids as often as poss! thanks again everyone for you help

I used fair for a long time, didn't match fully and made my face more white. Tried Sunkiss WAY to orange, but I mixed them together and that is the closest I have found to my shade, I dunno if its right or not I should post pictures but I guess since no single shade works for me, I have to mix.

Hello everyone!

I just started using the PRESCRIPTIVES MINERAL MAKE UP. Now 3 things you should know about me.

1. I am a Make up Artist and I currently work for them.

2. I am black women therefore most cosmetic lines do not carry colours that match my skin. :mad:

3. I am extremely honest.

I know this will seem like I'm trying to push my own line on you but it's not. I'm sharing with you because I have alot of the same worries and concerns that many of you have and I'm telling you what's working for me right now.

Normally I'm a die hard Custom Blend fan :clap: ( we can make any shade of foundation, powder, bronzer, concealer, lipgloss or lipstick) but at our fall training we were given the Mineral Powders to try and I have to say it's amazing! I really wanted to try it because I've been battling acne for the last 2 years and it's been such a struggle, I mean who wants to take advice from the Make up Artist with bad skin? I'm on vacation now and wanted something nice and light and that wouldn't come off when I sweat since I was running all over the city with my daughter. IT WORKED!And I'm not just saying that.

It's long wearing, sweat proof, water-resistant, has Vitamins C and E, and 4 gems - Calcite, Mica, Amethyst and Rose Quartz. It also comes in 18 shades. I've checked out so many other lines like Laura Mercier, Revlon, Becca etc and none of them make a colour for my skin tone.

Anyways if you're curious check it out, it costs you nothing to get your colour matched and you can wear it for the day to see how it works for. I feel like I'm wearing nothing and I've been trying it for the last week. In the UK I think it's in a place called Selfridge's (?), and the US I think it Neiman Marcus in Canada Holt Renfrew.

If you wear any make up don't apply more throughout the day. Touch up with a blot powder whose only function is to soak up excess oil or a light pressed powder. Reapplying your make up will make it thicker, feel heavier, and sometimes discoloured.

Anyway I really hope that this helps some of you, take it or leave it but I really am happy with this mineral powder. Also 2 other things that have really been helping me is drinking green tea and I created my own Aspirin Mask, if anyone's interested I'm happy to share the recipe :) My skin is clearer than it's been in a long time.

If I can help out with anything else, just ask! Thanks and Good Luck!

If your MMU is looking ashy at the end of the day, it could be that you're sweating so much that the moisture is dislodging the makeup from your skin. This happened to me when it got incredibly hot last fall. Two solutions that helped were a finishing powder to control the oil and applying the makeup wet for better staying power.