Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brittani00

Loestrin 24?

A little bit about my BC history...was on NuvaRing March-August last year (in combo w/ Spiro), GREAT GREAT skin! Stopped taking it, no longer was in a relationship and was just getting tired of the ring aspect.

Started Yaz mid-March of this year and have been on it since...but I just am not seeing the results I did last year. My skin is miserable. But, I did only recently start Spiro about a month ago, where as last year I had been on Spiro from the get-go in combo w/ the NR. I saw awesome results by May-June of last year, where as I'm on my 4th pack and not seeing any improvement at all.

So in combo with feeling like the Yaz might not be for me, and also how expensive it is for me ($50 a pack!), should I stick it out a little longer (at least another pack and a half, because thats what I've already paid for) and then maybe try Loestrin 24? Or just keep it up with the Yaz and see if I see improvements in the next few months?

I've had a friend who had acne much like mine have GREAT success on L24, any other opinions??

Thanks!

Nobodys ever gone from Yaz to Loestrin24 and had either a positve or negative reaction? Or felt Yaz was not helping their acne but then stuck it out and was successful? Come on guys! :whistle:

I'm confused; are you still on Spiro? It was probably that clearing you rather than your birth control. It does seem like just Yaz is not strong enough for you. If Yaz alone was working I think after 4 months you would have at least some improvement. I once cleared up from Yaz alone and I saw a definite improvement in only around 10 weeks. I don't know anything about Lostrine but why don't you just try the same stuff that cleared you up before?

Yes, Im back on Spiro after being off since March. When I started Yaz, my derm told me to stop taking the Spiro but then I went to a new derm 1 month ago and she put me back on Spiro.

I dont want to go back onto the NuvaRing because it was uncomfortable and I like the daily pill much better than having a ring physically inside of me...not cool.

O well, thanks for your input though! :)

I took LoEstrin 24 Fe last year and LOVED it. I was a bit freaked out at first because my doctor neglected to tell me that there was a good chance that I wouldn't get my period at all while I was on it, so for the first two months, I was like, "WTF? Am I pregnant!?", but once I asked her about it, she told me it was totally normal, and after that, I actually started enjoying my period-free life. My skin was great, the low dosage didn't make me feel sick or anything, and, like I said, no periods. Perfect!

Unfortunately, my insurance ran out, and I couldn't afford it any more. Now I'm taking Microgestin Fe, which is the generic of LoEstrin Fe. The only difference is that LoEstrin 24 Fe is a 24/4 cycle, and LoEstrin Fe is the regular 21/7 cycle.

I'd definitely recommend LoEstrin 24 Fe. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

I took Loestrin 24 for six months. And i didn't have any major breakouts. My mood was better too, no pms! I went off it because i just started to feel weird not having a period. And, my sex drive was greatly diminshed. This was in april 08. The following months of may and june when i was pms i broke out horribly deep cyst like eruptions that needed cortisone injections.

I started YAZ the beginning of July, because i can't live in fear of breaking out every month. I have scars now from may& june breakouts and still have bumps under skin where the breakouts were. I'm very upset. I really don't want to be on BC, but i feel like its my only chance of having clear skin :(