Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
b4byfac3

The Regimen & Alternative Moisturizer

I have this moisturizer I got awhile back that has Aloe&Green Tea by Alba, and I was wondering if I apply this on top of the BP will it have some counter effect? The description of the product says the green tea has a powerful anti-oxidant effect and helps reduce inflammation. But BP itself has an oxidizing effect to kill those bacteria, so if I apply the moisturizer will it reduce BP's effectiveness?

I've also been thinking of purchasing a Tea Tree Oil moisturizer. I read that it may be just as effective as BP but without the drying effect. Do you think the combination of BP with Tea Tree Oil moisturizer will be good? Has anyone tried? If the Tea Tree Oil is really good I might just replace the BP with it instead.

The green tea moisturizer should be safe if it's oil-free and non-comedogenic. But I wouldn't use tea tree oil along with bp. I think it would be way too irritating.

I think the tea tree oil moisturizer and the BP together will be too much for your skin and make it drier/flakier. I have read that tea tree oil is considered as effective as BP in drying pimples, though. I have wondered about substituting that for BP as well. I think if you did decide to sub the tea tree oil for the BP, you should only use it s a spot remedy, and not all over your face like the BP. JMO.