Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
violets

HELPPP im SO SO lost

Okay so this post might sound a tad crazy, but that's my current state of mind due to the fact that 3 dermatologists refuse to give me accutane and i'm going to visit another this week, but in the meantime I thought I might as well try to fix my eating habits incase they could be contributing to my breakouts. Basically, my acne started a year ago. My skin ranges from being clear, very mild, to mild. My diet consists of 3 or more cans of sugarfree redbull which all I know about it is it has taurine and tons of coffee, frozen yogurt, and then like candy or something for lunch and a real meal at dinner. I know my eating pattern is slightly unhealthy, but I don't know if it could be contributing to acne. Also sometimes I eat a lot of sugary food and no "real" food. Also, I was wondering if throwing up a lot could cause acne? I really don't know, i'm honestly so confused about if my diet is causing my breakouts. I'm reading a lot of stuff that seems like diet does play a factor, and all my derms. told me it doesn't but now it seems like they may be wrong?? HELP! i'm SO lost :cry: Oh, i'm also a vegetarian.

Your diet almost definitely contributes if not is the main causative factor in your acne. I'm sure nearly every regular poster in this holistic forum would agree as each has first-hand experience with improvements, complete remission and/or flare-ups related to their diet as well as lifestyle in general. There are also concrete studies recently done that prove the relationships between diet/acne.

Candy=terrible, chips=bad, coffee=bad for some. Also, people who become vegetarians sometimes report clearing, but an equal amount or more say the opposite, probably because of missing nutrients/protien/fat or their particular body does not fare well on a no-meat diet.

I would check out the stickied "holistically clear thread" to read about how different people got clear from diet/lifestyle changes and go from their. I would suggest one of the first things you do is add zinc since you don't eat meat and doesn't seem like you get enough from your diet- this may cause acne. Good Luck...

How is your skin doing now? Are you having mild breakouts, and do you think that's why 3 derms have refused to give you Accutane?

When my acne was severe I was refused Accutane by a derm, but that's because the derm never prescribed Accutane to anyone. This individual was under the impression that feeding me truckloads of antibiotics would make everything peachy-well, it did the opposite and created some serious internal problems for me.

If your acne is to the point where you are getting scars, let me know and I can tell you how to get Accutane from a dermatologist. It may be that the 3 ones you went to are Accutane-phobic, which is rather common these days since the I-Pledge system is such a hassle (ESPECIALLY for women!!!) But ask any derm what the biggest advancement for acne has been in the last 30 years and they'll all tell you Accutane.

Also what did you mean by throwing up a lot? You can PM me if you want.

Jess

Hello,

Please do not take any acne medications for the sake of your health! Please start eating a diet of raw vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, sprouts, herbs, superfoods, and fermented foods! These foods will give you healthy skin, hair, nails, and eyes! They will heal you from disease! Watch some of ArnoldsWay youtube videos! There has been people curing themselves of from simple things like acne to cancer!

Please realize that if you have skin breakouts it means that your body is in serious need of nutrition! If you just laugh at this post and do not change you will most likely get worse and the doctors will convince you to get on medications. Please do not go down that route as it will destroy your health and well being! There is a natural way to cure yourself and you do that by what you put in your mouth and how you live.

If you want the fastest possible recovery from your skin condition I would suggest you eat only raw fruits and vegetables for the first week or two. This will take a bit of work on your part because you need to consume enough calories. Please read my other posts on Fruit and Vegetable Acne Regimen.

You need to figure out how many calories you need to maintain your weight. You can find this out by going to muscletech.com and going to the calculators. You put in your weight etc.. and it will figure it out for you.

Once you have that figured out you should buy a electronic food scale so you can measure the weight of your food in grams or ounces. You need to know this so you can make sure you are eating enough calories. Go to calorieking.com to figure out how many calories are in your fruit and vegetables based on the weight of them. Drink lots of water!

I know that if you stick to this that you can clear your skin again and have the best day ever! If you have any questions at all please email me! My email is [email protected]

I am here to help. :-) Have a good day!

Yeah, the reason they refused accutane was because they said my acne is not severe or persistant because I refuse to try antibiotics that I really don't want to take because there's no point...I wish there was something I could say that could get them to give it to me. I mean i'm seeing another derm. tomorrow but i doubt he'll listen so I decided to maybe look into getting holistically clear. It doesn't scar, it's just so annoying. I never knew diet could cause acne until I came on here. My eating habits are definitely abnormal, but they've been abnormal for a while now, and i've had acne for 1 year. Is it possible that all of a sudden my body got fed up of the lack of proper nutrition or something?

That's an interesting idea about raw foods...so basically from what i've been reading you're supposed to give up sugar, milk, candy, coffee, carbs, and wait I could get breakouts from no meat?! now i'm even more confused :cry: . i don't think I could ever eat meat again.

This sounds dumb, but what are fermented foods? I'm thinking about going to a market and trying this new lifestyle maybe although it looks extremely confusing...

oh, I also workout a lot, is that good or bad?

oh, and this is wierd saying here but i'm slightly-bulimicish andddd ive been worried that it's causing pimples...i dont know. is that possible?!?! im worried.

you really have to change your lifestyle around. what are you thinking drinking redbull for breakfast? what are you thinking drinking redbull in the first place, sugar free too. that stuff is loaded with aspertame which is cancerous. if you want to be healthy and make your skin better, dont even touch redbull. start eating a good breakfast and lunch for a start. substitute your candy cravings with sweet fruits. if you don't like to eat much. eat two eggs for breakfast whichever way you want them, that can get you through breakfast and lunch.

i'd suggest you start cutting out pop from your diet. that doesnt mean you cant drink pop. drink it when your at a party or friends house or something, dont overdue it though. at home drink water, if you cant drink water drink watered down juice and eventually get to just water.

now i dont know if your actually going to follow what i said. in fact it ain't much, it's what a normal person should be doing. to me it seems like you are emotionally unstable. i'd suggest not going to the derm, and not getting accutane. it's strong stuff, and might really screw you over with your lifestyle. and to answer your question. yes being belimic can cause pimples. lack of nutrition and moisture in your diet causes you to break out. you need to solve your belimic problems, and eat right. read the topics on nutrition around here and you can figure it out. the human body is such an amazing thing and you only live once, treat it with respect.

If you love coffee like me, I wouldn't cut it out from your diet right away. Coffee does absolutely nothing to upset my skin..but I think it's mainly because I don't use white sugar or dairy in it. I use raw honey and just a bit of almond milk. Coffee isn't bad for everyone. It's the ONE thing I find joy in drinking everyday that doesn't do anything to my skin.

And if I were you, I'd hold off on the accutane thing. I can't mention how many bad things I've heard about it. It will literally destroy your insides.... try the holistic life first, you'll be glad you did!

so first off, it sounds like you don't need accutane. if it's not persistent, your acne is probably caused by something simple: dirty sheets, aggressive face scrubbing, or maybe just picking or prodding at your skin. if any of these sound familiar, avoid them and your face could improve on its own. if it doesn't, then tell your dermatologist.

diet might have an effect, but it's hard to know. even if your diet isn't causing acne, it's still a terrible diet. the amount of sugar is crazy. you should eat some real food. if you follow healthydude's advice, you'll definitely get some real food, but even something as simple as a sandwich would be a step up from soda and candy. at your age, you can eat candy and not care, but in a few years, you'll think you were crazy for eating so much sugar. if you cut out a lot of sugar from your diet, you'll probably feel better physically.

you can't get by on air alone... if you're cutting down on the junk food, you actually have to eat something in its place, so eat a balanced diet. that means foods that have fat, protein, and carbohydrates. you need some of all of these things every day.

and then there's bulimia... if you've gotten into the habit of vomiting, it can be hard to stop, but you should work on it and maybe find some advice or help. the thing about bulimia, and really about all diets in general, is that the body is more complicated than we assume. if we were just robots that take food in and grind it up, then bulimia would work to cut down calories. however, the whole process of eating then throwing it up triggers all these unexpected reactions because our bodies are incredibly adaptable, and one effect of our adaptability is that you can end up gaining more weight as a bulimic than you would if you just ate a balanced diet and digested it normally. also, bulimia causes you to gain weight in weird places, which would lead your body to take on a weird shape over time, so you probably don't want that. cutting down on sugar could also help here, since sugar gives people incredible cravings, and those cravings might trigger you to eat more than you need.

just make sure you're eating food. and not touching your face.

Your derms are wrong. And you need to eat real food for all meals.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, hormone balance, SHBG levels, Insulin resistance, inflammation, cell function and turnover, sebum quality, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc, etc. And most of those overlap, along with environment and lifestyle habits like stress management, sleep and exercise.

Low GL diet helps acne article in medical journal:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/77676.php

Low GI study

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/86/1/107

Another one referring to a study:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Low...9641420053.html

RMIT study:

http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse/News%20and%2...16ry1r;STATUS=A

Study on Acne-free island population

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/138/12/1584.pdf

Study on association b/w acne and prostrate cancer w/diet IGF1 and androgens in conclusion.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/161/12/1094

Hi violets, maybe now you are blaming your derm for not giving you accutane, but I guarante you will thank him when the big lawsuits involving Roche will begin :

http://www.pharmalot.com/2008/04/roche-mus...accutane-trial/

If you are bulimic you need to seek help rapidly to find a solution, otherwise you risk to seriously damage your health, take care.

If your acne is to the point where you are getting scars, let me know and I can tell you how to get Accutane from a dermatologist. It may be that the 3 ones you went to are Accutane-phobic, which is rather common these days since the I-Pledge system is such a hassle (ESPECIALLY for women!!!) But ask any derm what the biggest advancement for acne has been in the last 30 years and they'll all tell you Accutane.

Definitely fix your diet to something more reasonable than 3 redbulls a day. Start working out/exercising if you don't already do so.

You know, I eat candy and drink coffee and energy drinks too but I keep it at a minimum, and my face is great. You don't have to stop completely, but if you want clear skin, you're going to have to take it down a notch.

Dump the coffee and milk. That should give you about a 50% reduction ha.

I drink tons of milk and don't follow the regimen like I'm supposed to, and my face is pretty clear. Call me crazy, or maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but milk doesn't affect me.