Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
busterbluth

Profractional by a doctor...?

Wanted to ask everyone if you think profractional laser must be performed by a doctor of if a technician is suitable enough?

I know that at DLK on avenue, they offer the profractional as referred by Dr. Kellett, but done by one of the staff who are not doctors.

What are anyones thoughts on this, as well as on the profractional treatment itself?

I know that at DLK on avenue, they offer the profractional as referred by Dr. Kellett, but done by one of the staff who are not doctors.

Wanted to ask everyone if you think profractional laser must be performed by a doctor of if a technician is suitable enough?

What are anyones thoughts on this, as well as on the profractional treatment itself?

***DLK ON AVENUE IS IN TORONTO

Hey I'm doing some profractionals on Avenue Rd. too, but not with Dr.Kellett.

The estetechian is preforming it for me.

I don't think that there are many dr.'s doing it, but rather laser nurses, or est.

I've just finished my second one and I see a bit of a change I think mostly smoother skin, but not so much on my pores or scares.

I go to Dr.Sandy James Pritchard (Sothet'x).

The est. that does the tx. is super and she's not afraid to put the laser on high settings.

(the higher settings are good for scars) She doesn't seem to be into wasting a person's time or money.

Dr. Mitchell Brown on Bay St. also uses the profractional, but I think that they haven't been using it for long and I don't think that they really set the laser high?

Anyways, I think that I'm happy with the tx. at Pritchard's office.

Have you done any pr.fract. at DLK yet?

If so how do you like it?

Are you seeing results? What settings are they using it on you?

Let me know how it goes!!!

i made a post like this on the main scar treatment forum and am just now seeing this.. a tech also did my pixel treatment and i was concerned at first but i think she's very good. i think you're right, doctors don't seem to be doing this procedure.. i guess because it's not really necessary.. anyone can really be trained to do it and there really is no hazard with it.

i made a post like this on the main scar treatment forum and am just now seeing this.. a tech also did my pixel treatment and i was concerned at first but i think she's very good. i think you're right, doctors don't seem to be doing this procedure.. i guess because it's not really necessary.. anyone can really be trained to do it and there really is no hazard with it.

yes i think you're absolutely right. It all depends on the technician and how capable they are. I just had my first one done yesterday. It really wasn't all that painful, just like a buzzing feeling, and a sunburn sting. My treatment was more coverage than depth, but with enough depth that I definitely bled. I'll be washing my face tonight. Will keep people posted as to my results. My scarring was moderate, not so much depth, but definitely rolling scars.