Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok,so like most girls i have anaemia. i think ive had it for years and years and over time it has gotten worse. i always feel tired throughout the day,i'd love to count how many times i yawn a day,it would reach three figures thats for sure. it isnt the tiredness that bothers me though. what bothers me,and what im looking for help on,is the general sluggish feeling i have. walking helps which im doing more of,it even reached a light jog the other day lol hurray. but i think the key to tackling it,is my diet.

ive been on the iron tablets and it was just inconvenient,having to rememeber to take them was hard enough,then remembering what foods they can and cant be taken with was too difficult lol. i want my diet to fix it,an energetic diet. my diet is currently quite good i think. basically its pastas,rice,breads,spuds,fruit,lots of cheese and yoghurts,soups. i know the main foods for helping with boosting your iron intake, red meats,green veg......but what else is there?

ive tried the green veg thing,last year when it became apparent i had terrible iron levels i was eating a spinach and brocolli dinner three times a week. it helped but needless to say didnt taste nice. brocolli i can handle,spinach is just not nice. im not a rabbit and dont want to eat leaves that taste of nothingness and stick in between your teeth *shakes fist at spinach*

what else is there i can eat? my meat intake consists of chicken and anything that comes from a pig. the beef thing im finding hard to tackle. i can have roast beef at the moment but thats about it. i dont think i will ever like beef,i just find it very tough and chewy. maybe it will grow on me.

anyway,i just need advice on what i could possibly do to a) enhance my diet, iron in particular,and b) become in general more energetic

I'm anemic too. I have been for years. I just take my iron supplements every day, and that seems to help a lot. I'm also on Microgestin Fe (birth control), which has a bit of iron in all the inactive pills for an extra boost during my period.

I'm getting better with my anemia, but it took some time and iron pills did nothing for me.

I read in Dr.Clark's book that anemia comes from parasites, apparently there is one parasite (can't remember which one), but it likes to take people's iron and is estatic when the person is taking iron tabs. because it's more iron for that parasite.

I just do parasite cleanses....like I said it has helped me.

My ferratin level was at 15 (and that was when I was 7mths. pregnant....scary)

And I was on iron tabs at the time, drinking massive amounts of green powder, eating alot of leafy greens and taking botanicals high in level. It did squat for me.

but now it's gone up to 45... (I guess at level 10 they give nasty painful iron shots....thank god I didn't dip that low)

hang on what?! your iron level is 45? is that not off the scale in the other direction,i mean tooooo big?

in augsut they told me my iron level was 5!! and then in like setember it had rise to 9,which was steady slow progress. they also gave me this other result,a serum feritin level or something along thos lines,it was suposed to be nehwere between like 12 and 300 or something and mine was 3 :shifty: WTF this cnat be rigte!

hang on what?! your iron level is 45? is that not off the scale in the other direction,i mean tooooo big?

in augsut they told me my iron level was 5!! and then in like setember it had rise to 9,which was steady slow progress. they also gave me this other result,a serum feritin level or something along thos lines,it was suposed to be nehwere between like 12 and 300 or something and mine was 3 :shifty: WTF this cnat be rigte!

Let me get this right your ferratin level was 5? and they didn't give you iron shots?

and then your ferratin level? was 3?

No that's not good.

From what I was told it's out of 100? I could be wrong. regardless MD's don't do anything for a person's iron level unless it's 10 or lower, but a ND (naturopathic docter) gets concerned when the ferratin level is at 45....they consider that low. (MD's are far to passive unless it's something they can cut of a person, then the aggression starts!)

Anyways, what are you going to do about it?

Have you though about doing a parasite cleanse and see if that helps?

rather then trying to remember to take all your iron tabs ( that may or may not be digested?)

or have the parasites eat them up before your body gets a chance to utilize them?