Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Savoria

BP -- Safe and Danger Colors

So after years of losing some of my favorite shirts to BP, I've noticed a couple things.

My pink pillowcases and shirts have never been bleached out.

Neither have my black clothes.

Yellow may be safe, too.

The Danger colors:

White is not safe for me -- it just turns orange!

And greens and blues are INSTANT bleaching.

Is this just me?

...And I'm not too sure if I'm in the right area to post this.

Dyed fabrics are more at risk that ones that are their natural color, but I've never paid much attention to which one's are more likely to bleach. I know I have a light blue pair of flannel sheets that I use in the winter time and they bleached at the top where I tuck them underneath my chin, and the matching pillowcase has large white patches on it. :)

Blues, greens, and browns seem to have suffered the most among my clothes, though my blue pillowcases are okay. Royal blue turns bubblegum pink. Some grays get bleached. Black has remained unscathed, for some reason.

So far the only clothing I've ruined was a lavender-colored night gown. It looks like pink tie-dye now. :rolleyes: I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping the BP away from my stuff!

HOW you guys sleep ? till u can bleach those pillow up ... haha but i never face any of that problem ...maybe i am sleeping like a mummy . facing up. hand across ;)

HOW you guys sleep ? till u can bleach those pillow up ... haha but i never face any of that problem ...maybe i am sleeping like a mummy . facing up. hand across ;)

I use white pillow cases. ;)

So far I've lost three blue shirts and one grey one.

Blue ones turn white instantly.

Grey ones turn pink.

It's really sad, I try to be extra careful by only putting BP on at home and washing it off in the morning before I put on my outside clothing but it still bleaches.

Would the BP transfer from one shirt to another during wash? Could that be it?

It's really sad, I try to be extra careful by only putting BP on at home and washing it off in the morning before I put on my outside clothing but it still bleaches.

That is possible, but I think the more likely culprit is BP transferring from towels in the wash to shirts than from shirts to shirts. Think about it: if you use the same towel each time you wash BP off your face for several days (or longer), you're getting a lot of the water used to rinse BP off your face on that towel. I'm careful to wash BP towels with whites or other towels only.

Also, be sure your face, chin, neck, and chest are completely dry before you put a good shirt on. It might be the case that the way you wash causes some water to drip down your neck to your collar, so if that's true, then try to alter the way you wash so that doesn't happen (maybe keep your head lower/closer to the sink).

This is why I have white bed sheets, white pillow cases, and white towels. :) Oh, and only a handful of shirts that haven't been bleached yet. I'm going to start using AHA as my daytime "treatment" and then BP at night

That is possible, but I think the more likely culprit is BP transferring from towels in the wash to shirts than from shirts to shirts. Think about it: if you use the same towel each time you wash BP off your face for several days (or longer), you're getting a lot of the water used to rinse BP off your face on that towel. I'm careful to wash BP towels with whites or other towels only.

Also, be sure your face, chin, neck, and chest are completely dry before you put a good shirt on. It might be the case that the way you wash causes some water to drip down your neck to your collar, so if that's true, then try to alter the way you wash so that doesn't happen (maybe keep your head lower/closer to the sink).

I think that makes a lot of sense, though I haven't experienced shirts being ruined after the wash.

I HAVE, though, been to impatient and put on my shirts prematurely.

I have a spare pillow case that's green -- with 2 large face-sized yellow spots on each side. I guess I always sleep on my side.

What the hell are you guys doing? I've been on BP a couple years now and none of my shirts have been ruined. I sleep on a red pillow and the only white stuff I see is from when I drool at night.

What the hell are you guys doing? I've been on BP a couple years now and none of my shirts have been ruined. I sleep on a red pillow and the only white stuff I see is from when I drool at night.

Then you're lucky. :) And I'm pretty sure red is safe, because I haven't had problems with my red clothes.

So far with the 2.5% and following Dan's regimen, I haven't had any problems. But the 10% was annoying, and only on the collar area.

I think in the case of my night gown, it got into contact with a washcloth that had BP on it in the laundry hamper.