Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

weight training and acne question..

so I started weight lifting about 3 months ago and ever since i been getting stronger and more muscular. I eat very healthy mostly organic.. and I keep my stress low and I get proper sleep. I been currently getting small inflammatory breakouts.. I think its from working out.... What should I do now thoe because i love working out and staying in muscular shape but i think it might be affecting my skin... I dont want to stop but idk what to do.

so I started weight lifting about 3 months ago and ever since i been getting stronger and more muscular. I eat very healthy mostly organic.. and I keep my stress low and I get proper sleep. I been currently getting small inflammatory breakouts.. I think its from working out.... What should I do now thoe because i love working out and staying in muscular shape but i think it might be affecting my skin... I dont want to stop but idk what to do.

it aint the workout!!...coz i'm a swimmer...and i workout too.,,,,daily,,,lyk a month ago i stopped working out coz of my studies n all that stuff....may be it might be ur diet....r u eating high GI foods??

it aint the workout!!...coz i'm a swimmer...and i workout too.,,,,daily,,,lyk a month ago i stopped working out coz of my studies n all that stuff....may be it might be ur diet....r u eating high GI foods??

Hey sorry for leaving the reply incomplete

" lyk a month ago i stopped working out coz of my studies n all that stuff...even then i had breakouts!!

noo I dont eat any processed high gi foods.. the only sugar i get is natural sugar from fruits..

hmmm maybe it is the workout. I'm not going to the gym but I play soccer three times a week. at this time we have summer stop and my acne disappears! not 100%, but no more breakouts and only some occasional whiteheads. I notice this every year and I am 100% sure that working out and sweating causes acne in my case. But it ain't really an option to quit working out imo. It's important to stay in shape. But your case can be different, but it's absolutely possible that working out gives you some extra pimples...

i am reading a book on acne and it said weight lifting is a NO NO.

it'll mess up you hormones and that's why you break out.

i just found your thread and posted a topic very similarly: too much testerone from bodybuilding

i have the same problem you do and i just learned it was from working out.

what happens: when we work out we break down our muscles and our body produces testosterone to help muscle recovery. however testosterone is a leading cause for acne! unfortunately some people produce more testosterone or are more sensitive to it.

there is a prescription you can take to balance or control the amount of testosterone output. i don't know the name of it. since i'm not into pharmaceuticals anymore i'm hoping to find an organic holistic hormone balancer for men.

but don't let this hinder your workout!! the end justifies the means!

i'd rather put up with acne now and have a smokin hot body later :dance:

hey jeffy good looks.. yea i feel you man im into going natural so i will look for a way to balance testtesterone naturally.

First of all I just want to say hi, i just joined this org....anyway, I just wanted to say that I am having the same problems as the poster. I recently started weight training, and have had a major outbreak on my lower face (chin mainly!). I only do 15 to 20 mins of heavy weights a day, upper body only, and DO NOT work up a sweat. My diet has not changed since starting the weights. My skin is very prone to spots but this outbreak tops them all!! I am on the verge of making a doctors appointment to see if he can sort it....