Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a theory that digestive enzymes could help towards fighting acne.

My acne is due to developing allergies to different food groups after taking antibiotics. I believe that antibiotics have upset the balance of my digestive system. Every time I have taken them I have stomach cramps, very strange stools and bad skin. The last course I took has left me with all this plus acne and the only thing that seems to have worked for me in fighting the acne and cramps are the elimination of gluten and dairy but im still finding it hard to become 100% clear.

I stated taking probiotics, which I think helped a bit, but maybe the digestive enzymes will help me better.

Has anyone else tried digestive enzymes and seen results?

You might have an yeast infection, which also could constribute to bad digestion. I had the exact same issue (still having some slight digestion issues).

I think you should get your system tested, to see what problems you got. You might have a mild candida overgrowth, plus some leaky gut which is a very bad combination.

Digestive enzymes could help you, but I dont think their that good after all. And yes, bad digestion + eating too much can indeed cause acne and other skin-related issues.

I got allergies and some intolerances aswell, still waiting for results to see what foods I react to though.

How's your diet looking? Are you getting enough fibers? Eating too much protein?

I know that sugar dosent affect my skin or my digestion. I know that gluten and dairy do. I have started taking probiotics and digestive enzymes today and will post my results on here. I hope it improves my skin.

i take digestive enzymes before every meal and i dont notice much of a change to be honest

Well I dont know what the heck is up with my digestion..

wwhen I was eating small amnts of shredde cheese,and also small ants of butter..

I swear I was going bm every day, especially when I ate broccoli..now I have cut it out since april/mayish...and now..the only way for me to go bm, is do a colon cleanse every other day...

This is pissing me off..cant win for loose :mad:

Digestive enzymes have been amazing. I get just 1 or 2 spots a week now. I have even eaten some gluten and dairy and not had outbreaks.

I am amazed. Its been almost a month now but we will see if it continues to work. I think i can safely say that my acne is directly related to digestion. I will now do all i can to help my body digest.

Well I dont know what the heck is up with my digestion..

wwhen I was eating small amnts of shredde cheese,and also small ants of butter..

I swear I was going bm every day, especially when I ate broccoli..now I have cut it out since april/mayish...and now..the only way for me to go bm, is do a colon cleanse every other day...

This is pissing me off..cant win for loose :mad:

Hey Ariellestar, i have the same problem

i always had poor digestion, and my biological mom died of colon cancer, following ulceritive colitis disease, so it runs in the family.

even if i eat good, i only go to the washroom maybe like once in 3 or 4 days..

when i go for colonics treatment it comes out, but not until then.

another poster mentioned fiber, but i read that some fibers cause irritation to the bowel.

hopefully some other people have some good suggesions.. good luck to you as well

Your stomach acids may be too acidic. I don't believe digestive enzymes will work until you get your stomach acids to the right ph.

bosR..how does one go about doing getting their stomach acids to the right ph?

Can you clarify?

Shortbus, or whomever...I have been searching th net trying to find the right digestive enzyme..they have some for breaking down meats proteins ,fats..ext..

I just want one to help my Digestion/elimination of foods that I eat..I found a good diet I will stcik to, however I am not disposing of my waste normally, like after good meals with the fiber in them, naturally.. that is my goal..to have 1 bm at least 1 time a day, without the use of an laxative..

What enzyme might work for this?

Thanks!

Yes, I honestly think that the right digestive enzymes can help ALOT with acne. I honestly think that almost all acne is related to diet and digestion as my past history has taught me. Probiotics help since they supply digestive enzymes into your intestine. Taking acid fast fungal derived enzymes, especially proteases (most people have food sensitivities to the protein component of foods, thats why foods like fruits and vegetables are usually safe foods. THere isn't much protein to be sensitive to) will definately help with food sensitivities. Taking enzyme supplements are helpful since they can also digest candida as well. Digestive enzymes help keep the balanca of good and bad bacteria in check.

Another thing worth looking into is an enzyme known as DDP IV. Sometimes it is included into other enzyme mixes, but can also be bought separately. It is an enzyme which is specifically designed to digest the proline rich residues in gluten, dairy soy and other typically hard to digest proteins. I just recently started a new regimen consisting of a multipurpose enzyme supplement, and a DDP IV supplement when I consume anything with bread, milk or soy. This supplement isn't really sufficient if you have full blown coelics disease, but is pretty effective if you just have a "Sensitivity" to wheat, dairy or soy. This enzyme is normally found on the lining of a healthy gut, but is not found nearly in high concentrations on imflamed guts due to food sensitivities and candida.

I highly recommend you look up a leaky gut protocol for your acne. It has been the most effective and practical solution for me this far, as now I no longer have to panic about hiiden gluten or dairy. I can live a normal life, I just have to pop some pills with a meal, not a huge deal. A leaky gut regimen essentially consists of digestive enzymes, probiotics, amino acids, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and essential sugars which help restore the gut lining. The diet is not that limited, you can eat pretty much any foods (obviously avoid too much sugar, junk food and other processed garbage) that you want, including gluten soy and dairy which is huge. The enzymes allow this open diet, otherwise a strict diet would have to be followed in order to reduce imflammation and allow the gut to heal.

*BTW, my backspace button is broken so I apologize for bad grammar and spelling issues. I can't really go back and correct anything.

Digestive enzymes have been amazing. I get just 1 or 2 spots a week now. I have even eaten some gluten and dairy and not had outbreaks.

I am amazed. Its been almost a month now but we will see if it continues to work. I think i can safely say that my acne is directly related to digestion. I will now do all i can to help my body digest.

Out of curiosity which brand of digestive enzymes are you using? I've tried a few now and haven't really noticed a difference; they all seem to be doing a decent job but I'm wondering if there's better out there.

Since no one will give a specific brand,that I have been asking for for the longest :rolleyes: ..lol..

Gemini, where can I buy the one you use?

Can you please post the web address?

Thanks!!

I really am concentrating on one for regulating my bm,to a normal state after my meals.

i think im having the same problem for about a month im having trouble going to bathroom which i usually do but its either hard or runy or just not normal, or bloating or whatever and since then i brokeout horrible and then slowly calmed down but still breakin out and ive just started taking garlic with digestive enzymes for about 2 weeks and helps but like one day its great then next day back to normal, i need some advice also on what enzymes to take cuz i know my stomach or whatever is cuaseing my acne, i feel like i cant eat anything it sucks

I have a theory that digestive enzymes could help towards fighting acne.

My acne is due to developing allergies to different food groups after taking antibiotics. I believe that antibiotics have upset the balance of my digestive system. Every time I have taken them I have stomach cramps, very strange stools and bad skin. The last course I took has left me with all this plus acne and the only thing that seems to have worked for me in fighting the acne and cramps are the elimination of gluten and dairy but im still finding it hard to become 100% clear.

I stated taking probiotics, which I think helped a bit, but maybe the digestive enzymes will help me better.

Has anyone else tried digestive enzymes and seen results?

Organic apple cider vinegar is a natural probiotic and it's excellent for acne, poor digestion, acid reflux, candida, weight loss, as well as numerous other health conditions, and it cheap too. Mix 2 tablespoons in a cup of water and drink it 3 times a day. You can also apply it topically as a toner, but if you have sensitive skin, make sure you dilute it with water before applying.