Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cubsfan1

Vegetable jucing

I started juicing carrots, celery, apple and cabbage. These vegetables are suppose to be awesome for your skin and health.

I started juicing for about 2 weeks, but I am breaking out crazy with whiteheads everyday ??? Could this possibly be my system detoxing? I truly belived this will help with acne, not make it worse. I am about to give up. Any experienced juicer who had this effect? Thanks

P.S. I only get acne around my chin. Basically below my nose and I believe this is hormonal acne. Also I am 29 years old male.

Yes I did the same thing. Well not exactly the same thing. I didn't juice veggies, I ate them (the same thing i guess? except maybe for how your body digests it). I juiced fruits. I had a small outbreak and decided I wanted to rid myself of acne because of all the places all over the net saying that diet and acne are related and the best thing to eat are fruits and veggies. I ate apples, oranges, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries. I juiced bananas together with strawberries and other fruits. I went mad using my juicer every morning for breakfast and sometimes for snacks. I also started eating vegetables, salads and what not. I had gone from a diet that was pretty bad (convenience store food) to a totally healthy diet instantly. My body must've been in shock because I got the biggest outbreak of my life. Cystic acne and whiteheads like you (except for the cysts) and it was around my mouth and cheeks. I found that it could have been several things. 1. My body detoxing (though i read online that people have detoxed for several years and the acne didn't stop, I don't want this to happen to me. 2. My body was in shock and just needed time to adapt to the sudden change in diet. 3. My body didn't have good balance and I wasn't eating enough carbohydrates. I heard some peoploe say that if your body is not balanced well with it's hormones (which can be helped though herbs and vitamin supplements) then you will break out. I think that perhaps I might have gone a little nuts with the juicer because the more I broke out, the more I thought i needed to eat healthy. I don't know, but maybe the same thing happened to you. Also I heard that alot of people that do this thing that we have, break out too. This is no coicendence, it is either happening because the body is detoxifying or because you don't have good balance. All i know is that I don't want to get scars, since when i was using my juicer everyday, i was breaking out horribly causing scars and tons of cysts and whiteheads. When i went back to my normal diet, my acne started to subside. I suggest you do the same. If you want to be healthy (of course a good diet is probably good for acne) and eat fruits and veggies it's ok BUT i suggest that you slowly incorporate it into your diet, so your body doesn't go into shock and start breaking out like crazy. If you're like me and everybody else, then you want results without having to have the side-effect of the "detox". It's better to eat small amount of veggies and fruits and slowly, build your body into the stage where it's healthy and not breaking out. Your body can still detox, but it will do it slowly, not suffering the horrible breakouts which will make life easier. Eventually you'll get to the point where you will be eating as much veggies and fruits as you want and not have to suffer. I am doing the same thing and it is working for me. I'll keep you posted. Oh by the way, I have a VERYstrict regiment that i use since I stopped using the juicer (this could be why my acne started to subside btw). I drink lemon water and apple cider vinegar everyday, I do yoga and breathing excersizes twice a day (in the morning when i wake up and before i shower at night) and I also take supplements (multi-vitamin, zinc (40mg a day) fish oil and a another vitamin supplement). I plan on taking echinacea, yellow dock, valerian root, sarsaparilla root, milk thistle and flaxseed oil supplements. I have ordered it but haven't received it yet. I am using the aspirin mask twice a day after my shower in the morning and at night and I wash with a basic biore foam cleanser followed lightly with Proactiv. I use a moisturizer my Dr. Ci Labo and I use clean and clear oil blotting sheets during the day to blot any excess oil. I use this followed by a somekind of Japanese wet napkin designed to kill any bacteria. I plan on getting some Tea tree concentrate that I will mix with water and put in a small spray bottle that I can use to spray my face occasionally during the day to kill any bacteria (this idea i thought up myself). I think it will work, but right now my acne is already disapearing at an alarming rate. I would say i will be clear of acne active pimples by next week or 2 weeks but we'll see (knock on wood, i don't want to count my chickens before they hatch). After that i'll just concentrate on scars. Hope some of my advice helped. If you any questions let me know!

i think you're having problems with juicing because in order to properly juice vegetables you have to be at least 75 years old.

Yes I did the same thing. Well not exactly the same thing. I didn't juice veggies, I ate them (the same thing i guess? except maybe for how your body digests it). I juiced fruits. I had a small outbreak and decided I wanted to rid myself of acne because of all the places all over the net saying that diet and acne are related and the best thing to eat are fruits and veggies. I ate apples, oranges, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries. I juiced bananas together with strawberries and other fruits. I went mad using my juicer every morning for breakfast and sometimes for snacks. I also started eating vegetables, salads and what not. I had gone from a diet that was pretty bad (convenience store food) to a totally healthy diet instantly. My body must've been in shock because I got the biggest outbreak of my life. Cystic acne and whiteheads like you (except for the cysts) and it was around my mouth and cheeks. I found that it could have been several things. 1. My body detoxing (though i read online that people have detoxed for several years and the acne didn't stop, I don't want this to happen to me. 2. My body was in shock and just needed time to adapt to the sudden change in diet. 3. My body didn't have good balance and I wasn't eating enough carbohydrates. I heard some peoploe say that if your body is not balanced well with it's hormones (which can be helped though herbs and vitamin supplements) then you will break out. I think that perhaps I might have gone a little nuts with the juicer because the more I broke out, the more I thought i needed to eat healthy. I don't know, but maybe the same thing happened to you. Also I heard that alot of people that do this thing that we have, break out too. This is no coicendence, it is either happening because the body is detoxifying or because you don't have good balance. All i know is that I don't want to get scars, since when i was using my juicer everyday, i was breaking out horribly causing scars and tons of cysts and whiteheads. When i went back to my normal diet, my acne started to subside. I suggest you do the same. If you want to be healthy (of course a good diet is probably good for acne) and eat fruits and veggies it's ok BUT i suggest that you slowly incorporate it into your diet, so your body doesn't go into shock and start breaking out like crazy. If you're like me and everybody else, then you want results without having to have the side-effect of the "detox". It's better to eat small amount of veggies and fruits and slowly, build your body into the stage where it's healthy and not breaking out. Your body can still detox, but it will do it slowly, not suffering the horrible breakouts which will make life easier. Eventually you'll get to the point where you will be eating as much veggies and fruits as you want and not have to suffer. I am doing the same thing and it is working for me. I'll keep you posted. Oh by the way, I have a VERYstrict regiment that i use since I stopped using the juicer (this could be why my acne started to subside btw). I drink lemon water and apple cider vinegar everyday, I do yoga and breathing excersizes twice a day (in the morning when i wake up and before i shower at night) and I also take supplements (multi-vitamin, zinc (40mg a day) fish oil and a another vitamin supplement). I plan on taking echinacea, yellow dock, valerian root, sarsaparilla root, milk thistle and flaxseed oil supplements. I have ordered it but haven't received it yet. I am using the aspirin mask twice a day after my shower in the morning and at night and I wash with a basic biore foam cleanser followed lightly with Proactiv. I use a moisturizer my Dr. Ci Labo and I use clean and clear oil blotting sheets during the day to blot any excess oil. I use this followed by a somekind of Japanese wet napkin designed to kill any bacteria. I plan on getting some Tea tree concentrate that I will mix with water and put in a small spray bottle that I can use to spray my face occasionally during the day to kill any bacteria (this idea i thought up myself). I think it will work, but right now my acne is already disapearing at an alarming rate. I would say i will be clear of acne active pimples by next week or 2 weeks but we'll see (knock on wood, i don't want to count my chickens before they hatch). After that i'll just concentrate on scars. Hope some of my advice helped. If you any questions let me know!

Thanks for your detail input. Yeah I believe my body is trying to detox too fast. I mean I never had a juicer before and did go little nuts with it for couple weeks. I am going to stop juicing and see what happens. It's weird because I don't have cystic acne anymore, just whiteheads. I would get between 3 - 6 whiteheads everyday and I have to pop them because it's so ugly.

I have been using Cuticura soap for a while and at the beginning it was working awesome. My acne was gone within 3 days. It was unbelievable and eventually acne came back. I use full strengh tea tree oil and my face can tolerate no problem without dilluting with water. It just stinks really bad if you get it on your hands.

Honestly the only thing that worked for me was liver flush. I know lot of people think liver flushing is BS, but I have experienced it. I did liver flush 6 times and my face was clear for about 5 months but eventually came back. I stopped doing it because I hated epsom salt and wasting a whole day doing the detox. I will start doing flush every 2 weeks and post the results.

Geez all the crap we do for this nasty disease. The only thing I won't do is Accutane and put urine on my face. I mean seriously URINE on your face ????