Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Got my aha today...love the packaging and the smell...used small test amounts already.

Question is how do I incorporate the AHA into the regimen?

Im currently washing, moisturizing, bp...than AHA??

If you've been on the regimen for a while, go ahead and replace your nightly moisturizing step with the AHA. It should be moisturizing enough on its own, no extra moisturizer needed unless your skin is quite dry. Just apply a thin layer gently all over your face after the BP is dry. Be sure to wear sunblock during the day!

cool as kim,

when you say use sublock during the day, can i just use regular sunblock that i use on my body and use it on my face?

i use the dan's cleanser, bp, and then moisturizer during the day (and aha instead of the moisturizer at night), so when do i actually put on the sunblock? thanks!

cool as kim,

when you say use sublock during the day, can i just use regular sunblock that i use on my body and use it on my face?

i use the dan's cleanser, bp, and then moisturizer during the day (and aha instead of the moisturizer at night), so when do i actually put on the sunblock? thanks!

Put on the sunblock after the moisturizer step during the day. No need to do it at night, fortunately :P

You can try using your body sunblock on your face, sure. Some people have pretty sensitive skin on their faces that causes them to react differently to sunblock applied there than on the rest of their bodies, though, so if the sunblock seems to be stinging you a lot or breaking you out, you should look into a different one for your face. I have had fine results with body sunblocks, though, and they are much cheaper than specially made facial ones, so I'm all for using what you already have if possible.